DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you prevent your RC from charging your tablet?

Sctcorolla

Reactions
So is there anything I can do in the settings of my RC and or my tablet to prevent my tablet from draining/discharging the battery of the RC when flying my Mavic?

I never observed a discharge of the RC by my iPhone. In fact, the iPhone batteries empties faster than the RC

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Can't speak for Apple (and the question should mention Android or iOS) but Android devices will always charge. I don't see this as making much of a difference.

The only thing I know is in settings, developer options, debugging, turn off usb debugging (debug mode when usb is connected)
Disabling USB debugging is a good idea but has nothing to do with the charging-issue. DJI could and should program a "switch" into the app.
Cutting the power + or - wire in a normal USB-cable doesn't help - it cuts the whole connecting to the controller. May be cutting the power + or - wire helps on cables with connected shield (what most cables don't have...).

Following.

This happens to me too. I use a ASUS ZenPad 8 (which has a USB-C port) plugged into the bottom USB port of the Mavic RC. Being a tablet it sucks the life out of the remote's battery and I can barely get 3 flights before I have to charge the RC.

I think the small side port on the RC doesn't send power (it's a USB slave port with OTG functionality, like you would find on a phone). This is why the remote doesn't charge phones when using the side port. The bottom full-size USB port is a fully functioning USB port so technically it has to send power if requested by the device.

Don't forget you can always charge the rc through the small USB while flying the Mavic with a device connected to the large USB.
Last I checked, you couldn't use the bottom port and side ports on the RC simultaneously, not even for charging. As soon as you plug anything into the side port, the bottom port gets deactivated.

Reactions: ed1nh0
Following.

Last I checked, you couldn't use the bottom port and side ports on the RC simultaneously, not even for charging. As soon as you plug anything into the side port, the bottom port gets deactivated.

In my case, this statement is half correct. the ports work as you describe unless charging. It is possible to charge the rc with the small side USB while a tablet is connected to the bottom port. The tablet will function normal and you can still fly mavic.

It definitely is possible to charge the rc with a powerbank through the micro USB sideport in flight while having an android phablet connected on the bottom USB port.

I think the small side port on the RC doesn't send power (it's a USB slave port with OTG functionality, like you would find on a phone). This is why the remote doesn't charge phones when using the side port. The bottom full-size USB port is a fully functioning USB port so technically it has to send power if requested by the device.
Not true, the side port just doesn't charge iPhones, but Android phones will get charged same as if connected to the rear port.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78