DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How I started with this Hobby

djhoodrich

Reactions
My first drone was a blade 180 QX from there I graduated to the Blade 350 QX and now I have the Bentley of all drones the mavic pro
714d8606aba66ef34f4224e83c3e7bd9.jpg

I started with the Parrot Bebop. I liked the fixed camera design and sturdiness of it quite a bit. The size of the Mavic, long range, and 4K quality got me though. :)

Reactions: djhoodrich
I started with the first DJI Phantom and a GoPro Hero 3. No gimbal at first. Just hit record on the GoPro and then took off. I eventually installed a tx and a gimbal down the road. Can't believe how much progression in the technology in the past 4 years or so.

I started 10 years ago with an X-UFO from Ascending Technologies (Germany). I got hooked and must have build at least 14 other kopters, the Mavic is the latest and also the first RTF kopter I bought, all others are build using parts from all over the world like AUS (OpenPilot), USA (Pixhawk), CHN (DJI NAZA) and many NAZE32 using betaflight.

Here is a picture of my first drone using Kodak photo roll cylinders as a landing gear. ;-)IMG_0910.JPG

Last edited:
I started with the WL Toys V949 and gradually moved up to some 4s racing quads doing around 100MPH. Mavic is my first camera quad and, as I have an interest in photography, is a great addition. It is kinda cool to look back at the various levels of quads we've gone through:).-CF

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk