DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many times have you crashed your Mavic so far? (POLL)

Did you ever crash your Mavic? Did you have to use DJI Refresh?

• Nope, I'm awesome.

Votes: 311 61.3%
  • Just once so far

Votes: 109 21.5%
  • Twice

Votes: 53 10.5%
  • More than 3 times

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Still haven't used DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 85 16.8%
  • I've used the first replacement

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • I used my second replacement

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I don't have DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 126 24.9%

• Total voters
First crash indoors - newbie panic! 2nd & 3rd in woods, first hit some small branches and then filming an actor, Mavic low on the ground and she suddenly veered left into bushes. 3 sets of props gone so far :)

Crashed into a cabinet when trying to fly indoors, and forgot that I had all sensors switched off. My bad, and luckily seemed nothing much happened to it - even was smart enough to keep the gimbal lock and hood on.

Not going to fly indoors ever again!

I never crashed my Mavic but i have crashed my P3P 3 times. Latest was last week right after I landed my Mavic. We were flying in winds exceeding 20 miles hour, gusting to 32 occasionally. The Mavic handling it very well surprising me to no end. [emoji3]

I armed my P3P and saw that it was looking good just sitting there props running not even shaking in the wind. Pushed the stick to take off and it flipped a perfect 180, landing upside down on all four prop hubs with no damage. After inspection, we did a hand launch and flew a battery. When hovering it starts drifting, whereas the sweet Mavic is going " wind? What wind?" [emoji12]

Twice - both times flying inside my apartment like an idiot. The first time it drifted into my new 65" Sony 4K Television. It scuffed the screen and I was able to buff it out. Won't fly indoors again. The $99 for the warranty is a must I think. What's 10% extra cost for some peace of mind.....

Once. Sideways into a tree, stuck 12 meters (36ft) up. Had to saw off a branch to get it down which led to the MP crashing into the ground, via some bushes. Result: one scratched prop, otherwise no marks. Couldn't believe my luck - and how robust this thing is.

Reactions: Bunny Too
One crash.
INDOORS

I was trying to drain the batteries to storage mode prior to a airplane flight home. Figured hovering would be faster than just leaving the drone on. Best guess is that the GPS found some satellites when I thought it couldn't. The Mavic just started moving. I think the 3m accuracy of the GPS caused the drone to stay in one place (a place that hops about with GPS inaccuracy)

Two lessons
1: no more flying indoors. EVER
2: don't worry about draining batteries prior to airplane ride. Security, airline staff didn't check or ask.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I had my first near miss last night when flying over very murky, flowing deep water I clipped a tree branch causing my Mavic to tumble down about 5 feet and right itself, still about 20 feet above the water. Once my heart stopped pounding, I brought it in and inspected it thoroughly. Only a couple leave scuffs on the props which wiped off. No damage whatsoever and I can still fly with my original props. Whew!!

It's never fun to crash your jem, and it's even harder to admit as an experienced pilot. I'll admit, I crashed my Mavic once, but I was lucky to have it then nose dive into a snow bank. Feel free to share your story. Mine was because I was so cold I pulled the elevator down instead of the throttle trying to land fast and my Mavic obediently backed into a tree and busted all 4 props.

This poll has two questions. Please pick the appropriate two answers.
I own two types of helicopters; the one's I haven't crashed, and the one's I will crash;-) LOL I haven't crashed in 4 years so let's be careful!:)

I completely agree, unless you have a faulty unit these things are quite hard to crash if you don't go crazy and push the limits. They take off and land softly, if you avoid trees, powerlines etc whilst up in the air and never have to rely on the safety features to arrive home safely you should not have too many issues. Obviously the unknown and unexpected like a bird strike etc can always happen however unlikely.
Bird strike may be unlikely, but I got knocked out of the sky by one into a tree 3 days ago. I used to think the Mavic was nearly unable to crash, but now I'm paranoid every time I'm in the air even when I'm being extremely cautious. I freakin hate birds now.

3 x indoor. First flight trying to fly gps mode...bad idea !
Indoor flight wi fi....first flight ok ! then the next two flight....it went strait to the sealing !

I'm scared to fly indoor ! I tried outside on wi fi and it went 30 feet up on auto take off. I turn it off and on then was ok.....pilot error ?

crashed for first time yesterday. launched mavic from the porch immediately upon takeoff. it went up 4 feet then started drifting towards the house. crashed twice into side of house and broke two propellers. not sure why it wouldn't hover, or why it went right into the wall sideways

Last edited:
Crashed twice. Once hauling butt and not being able to stop before it hit a tree. Second time was flying out too far, bird initiated landing sequence about 100 feet from me at 8%! Unable to really control once sequence has initiated.

Must refresh page and scroll down to see GIF2017_04_08_07_15_58_1.gif

Twice within 5 minutes trying to get a follow **** of my brother on his mountain bike. Stupid tree branch.

Twice. First time not paying attention to where I was going. Backed up into a tree, fell, landed on a concrete sidewalk, shattered the lens and broke 3 props.

Second was today in fact! I was out on the beach in Mexico and i backed up into a sand bank. Not bad but a split second later and nice big wave came and gave it sandy salt water bath. I was able to retrieve it after about 10 seconds in the water. Gave it a distilled water rinse a few times and now it's drying in a bag of rice. Hopefully it still flies!

Reactions: TimeIsMine
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos