DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much video lag do you have ?

dirkclod

Reactions
Hope this hasn't been posted before but FWIW here it is .
Most that have came over from PhantomPilots have seen this or know and this
might have been posted before but came across it so thought I would show this
for those that havn't seen . I got these pictures from a post John Locke made
awhile back . Is a Phantom but no matter . Just look at the 2 pictures and you
can see the test . He just took his phone stopwatch and had it running in front
of his camera then took another picture . I haven't tried this with mine yet but
will as soon as I get it back from Thunder. Don't ask :oops: If you do try this take them
blades off and hope this shows some how to tell how much they have with their device .
upload_2015-12-8_20-46-28.png
upload_2015-12-8_20-47-36.jpg

An easy and very effectve way to measure the lag, nice, I'll be tryin' it out ASAP, probably tomorrow afternoon (CET)

Reactions: dirkclod
Also pretty controversial as the display that is being filmed often has uneven or insufficient temporal resolution.

I know several people have done it just after Mavic release, a search should bring that up.

I went through a phase of getting a LOT of lag, multiple seconds. Then i changed to a better quality USB cable and it all went away.

Also pretty controversial as the display that is being filmed often has uneven or insufficient temporal resolution.

I was thinking to some kind of stopwatch on a PC, in order to have more than just 1/100s

Unless you have one of those fancy high framerate gaming setups your PC screen still refreshes at only 60fps though, just like the phone...

It's obviously not correct. Can you tell me that anyone has turned their drone but didn't see the video change for 20seconds?
It could be the compression at play with a still object.
Try picking the drone up and spin it? I'll guarantee there is no more than a second or 2 of lag.

Sorry but where you seeing 20 seconds ?

It's obviously not correct. Can you tell me that anyone has turned their drone but didn't see the video change for 20seconds?
It could be the compression at play with a still object.
Try picking the drone up and spin it? I'll guarantee there is no more than a second or 2 of lag.
The difference you are seeing (above) is 0.22 seconds - not 20+ seconds.

When I first got the Mavic a couple weeks ago, I was using my old Galaxy S4 and at times had a lag of 10 seconds or more. Made it almost impossible to fly using the camera. It seemed to only appear when I was recording video.

I switched to my S7 for more horsepower and the lag all but went away. That is, up until I downloaded Litchi a couple days ago. One of the first things I tried with Litchi was a waypoint mission and the Mavic's marker on the map was easily 10 seconds behinds its actual position and the video on the phone was unviewable. Putting the phone into airplane mode seems to have fixed that ... so far. Not having to keep switching to airplane mode was the main reason I originally used my old S4 that no longer has cell service.

I get about 300 - 400ms of lag on all of my devices - some very old, some new. Never been able to do better.

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre