DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Old

How Old is too Old to fly?
Is this a serious question?
We have some pretty senior pilots on this forum, and trust me - they have some of the best and most sensible advice to give.
Age has NOTHING to do with flight ability/capability outside of where it may impact physiological necessities like eyesight, reaction time, dexterity etc... all of which varies from person to person REGARDLESS of age.

Short answer? ...It depends on the person in question. It won't be the same age for everyone.

Is this a serious question?
We have some pretty senior pilots on this forum, and trust me - they have some of the best and most sensible advice to give.
Age has NOTHING to do with flight ability/capability outside of where it may impact physiological necessities like eyesight, reaction time, dexterity etc... all of which varies from person to person REGARDLESS of age.

Short answer? ...It depends on the person in question. It won't be the same age for everyone.

you right im tryimg to show a good friend of mines that age does not matter it what you have in your heart to do he thinks that he is too old to start a hobby because he is 75 now , he said ( no one his age would play with toys.)

My dad was still flying an airplane at age 84. It was a twin, and he flew at night and on instruments, both far more difficult than flying a drone. I'm a mere 67, which is young by comparison to others who have posted, and have no problem flying. My son gave me a 3D printer for Xmas and I had to learn Fusion 360 in order to design parts for it. I know quite a few 30-something people who would have no clue how to design and build 3D parts.

I have to ask, "Why did the OP start this thread?" What news story or thought process made him/her think there is a correlation between old age and drone flying?

There are many other similar threads that would make FAR more sense:

"How young is too young ...?"
"How drunk is too drunk ...?"
"How stupid is too stupid ...?"

If the OP decides I am too old to fly a drone, I will fly anyway because there is 0.0000% chance that there will be any money to pay someone to look around for a guy in adult diapers and a walker flying a drone.

(Note: I don't use either of those old age assists yet, but the diapers would probably let me do longer flights.)

Reactions: lightbg
you right im tryimg to show a good friend of mines that age does not matter it what you have in your heart to do he thinks that he is too old to start a hobby because he is 75 now , he said ( no one his age would play with toys.)

I heard a saying once that went, "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys." I'm pushing 60 and still enjoy getting out and flying whenever I get the time.

I dont understand why anyone would ask such a question? People in there 80’s have learned to fly paramotors, and many more at 80+ have become certified private pilots. Age has nothing to do with flying whatsoever.

To old for the drone or to old for the pilot? I think, a soon as you need your hands to hold your rollator, you should consider to stop flying.

I know people being 75 I would immediatly give my drone if they asked and people of 36 that i would not even want to stay close to me when I am flying. Age is relativ!

Reactions: MavicNovice

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark