DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Apply Watermark to Photos?

CadrePilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a graphics person helping me develop a logo for my drone photography.

What format should I have them provide to me so that I can overlay the image onto my photos, with the blank spaces in the logo being transparent?

Thanks!

I had her do four different colors/combos, so I can choose based on the area of the photo to which I'll add it.

Here's another.231114_0211-HDR.wm.jpg

I have a graphics person helping me develop a logo for my drone photography.

What format should I have them provide to me so that I can overlay the image onto my photos, with the blank spaces in the logo being transparent?
You can create custom brushes in Photoshop. There are several You Tubes, like the one I've attached. You can create your name or logo as a brush (Edit>Create brush) and change the brush transparency and resize to your preference and save in brushes.

Reactions: Richard R
You can create custom brushes in Photoshop. There are several You Tubes, like the one I've attached. You can create your name or logo as a brush (Edit>Create brush) and change the brush transparency and resize to your preference and save in brushes.
Thanks.
I stumbled across using the brush tool when searching. Seems counterintuitive to insert an image using the brush tool. Once the brush is created, it does seem a bit easier to apply and locate the watermark than the method I used.

Thanks.
I stumbled across using the brush tool when searching. Seems counterintuitive to insert an image using the brush tool. Once the brush is created, it does seem a bit easier to apply and locate the watermark than the method I used.
I have used the Custom Brush for years. It is easily selected, and applied anywhere on your image with a mouse click. Then you can select it , hit (CTRL+T) and re-size it, and change the transparency with the drop down tools in Photoshop.
Dale

Reactions: CadrePilot
IMHO - once you got the logo is to create an export preset in Lightroom (Classic is my preference) with said watermark, adjust to your liking (orientation, size, transparency etc.), save and then it is as easy as right-click, choose the correct export option and "voila"! :)

Good Luck!
/M

Not much good putting a watermark where someone can easily just crop it out
231114_0211-HDR.wm CROP (Small).jpg

Or Cut n Paste from the surrounding area over top your original
231114_0211-HDR.wm  paste (Small).jpg
I've found my pics edited that way on ebay and the net. Slap that puppy smack dab in the middle with 80 0r 90% transparency. That makes it virtually impossible to edit out.
Stops thieves and if they really want it, you can sell them the original.

Not much good putting a watermark where someone can easily just crop it out

I've found my pics edited that way on ebay and the net. Slap that puppy smack dab in the middle with 80 0r 90% transparency. That makes it virtually impossible to edit out.
Interesting.

Even that is not much of a deterrent if the person is good enough with photoshop. That's the nature of the internet really

Even that is not much of a deterrent if the person is good enough with photoshop. That's the nature of the internet really
Yeah....thieves can get anything they want if they want it bad enough. Doesn't mean you should make it easy for them. The fact they are stealing it in the first place usually means they are too lazy to do the work themselves. Editing out watermarks is not as easy as just looking elsewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer