DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to clean Mavic?

For lens cleaning limit the use of chemicals, every time you clean it with chemicals you take off a microscopic layer of coating. I use a microfiber lens cloth and a touch of humidity (warn breath) to clean mine. Mainly I try not to ever touch it as the oils on your fingers can sometimes be difficult to remove without resorting to chemicals...

For the rubber band mounts, I'd leave them alone, other than some dry clean air from a can...

For the rest of the 'copter, I'd just use a slightly damp cloth with maybe a light touch of liquid hand soap... and I mean just a touch!

Reactions: Scapegoat and m4v1c
electric-visnav.jpg

Don't be afraid
i use the bigger one, but with half power.

Reactions: armoredsaint
I'll report back in one year of using compressed air. Can't beat the ease of use. Got Refresh.
Those rubber bands attract dust like they have lube on their surface.

Reactions: Scapegoat
did you try contacting DHI and seek their advice ?

I wouldnt even spray compressed air from a can in it.
Correct. Using compressed air is a bad idea as you can drive more of the dust into areas you can't access without disassembly. Careful wiping with dry wipes or dry swabs is still the best way to remove localized dust. DJI may have advice as to what solvents or light oils might be used to remove dust from rubber components.

Reactions: Kestrel
I'd try a Rocket Blower before canned air. No propellant or high velocity to worry about. Of course, that might not be enough.

While we're on the subject of light cleaning and maintenance, does anyone have any opinion or experience regarding (very lightly) oiling the motors from time to time?

I'm aware you'd need to be careful since gunking them up would trap abrasive dust particles in them, but I'm thinking a very occasional tiny drop of light oil can't be a bad idea.

If it's not a terrible idea, any ideas about how to get it into the mating surfaces inside the bearings? Perhaps a drop on the shaft where the props attach then just run the motors a little to let it work it's way down?

Take a small pait brush and clean it dry . And blow air by your self ....you know how 5 second and its clean

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin