DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to confirm if a video footage is d-cinelice or normal afterwards?

Kyrgeorge

Reactions
Hello all. I have several videos from my air 2 on a hard disk. Is there a way to check which one is "Normal" and which one is "d-cinelike"?

I believe this information is not recorded anywhere.

What you might expect to see is that the d-cinelike footage would look a little more washed out, with few or no true blacks or true whites. Lower contrast. It can be hard to see, but should be evident if you compare it to standard footage. If you have waveform scopes or histograms available in any editing software it should also be easy to pick it out there.

P.S. It can be easy to get a little lost as to what’s better or what’s best. Some will say to always use d-cine, others will say never, I’m in the “sometimes” camp. If it looks good it is good.

D-Cinelike should look flat and dull compared to a "Normal" color or HDR video.

To avoid this in the future you can turn on "Video Subtitles" which will produce files with the same base name as the mp4 or mov file, but with the "SRT" extension. The file can be read by most video players, I'm using VLC Media Player in these examples, or you can open it using any text editor. Below are three examples on how to determine which video mode was used to record.

HDR Mode
WaysToDifferentiateVideoModes-HDR.png

D-Cinelike
WaysToDifferentiateVideoModes-D-Cinelike.png

Video = Normal and Color = Normal
WaysToDifferentiateVideoModes-Normal.png

D-Cinelike should look flat and dull compared to a "Normal" color or HDR video.

To avoid this in the future you can turn on "Video Subtitles" which will produce files with the same base name as the mp4 or mov file, but with the "SRT" extension. The file can be read by most video players, I'm using VLC Media Player in these examples, or you can open it using any text editor. Below are three examples on how to determine which video mode was used to record.

HDR Mode
View attachment 133495

D-Cinelike
View attachment 133494

Video = Normal and Color = Normal
View attachment 133496
Thanks. I will have in mind.. But is there a third party software to recognize these differences?

It is pretty easy. you should see a .srt file with same name as your MP3. Some video players like VNC automatically reads that file and layover its content over the video when played. But you can also open that srt file in a text editor. you should be able to see the color profile there something like this

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:00,033
<font size="28">SrtCnt : 1, DiffTime : 33ms
2024-02-02 17:50:07.322
[iso : 2680] [shutter : 1/30.0] [fnum : 170] [ev : 0.7] [ct : 4863] [color_md : d_cinelike] [focal_len : 240] [dzoom_ratio: 10000, delta:0],[latitude: xxxxxxx] [longitude: xxxxxxx] [rel_alt: 74.700 abs_alt: 85.299] </font>

Reactions: SethB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima