DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 How To Drone In The Desert@

DSRT_VLTR

Reactions
Both pics are along Peralta Rd between US60 & the Peralta Trail that leads into the Superstition Wilderness. I always fly from roads because they are not allowed in Wilderness Areas, so I know I can legally launch.

Attachments

• 20230110_135050-01.jpeg
    20230110_135050-01.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230110_130758-01.jpeg
    20230110_130758-01.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 20230110_135315-01-01.jpeg
    20230110_135315-01-01.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 65
That got a chuckle. I recently went to Phoenix for a drone vacation and that setup would have been sweet. If you look here for a vid on Sedona you’ll see some views that might be familiar. I may have posted another vid that misspelled Superstition…to Superstitious or some other ignorant nonsense. Did you get any video?

Video doesn't interest me. I just like taking photos. I used to drive-up to Sedona once or twice a year, but it is over-exposed, over-crowded & ruined by Influencers (like nearby Jerome). The last time I went to Sedona, we were coming back from The Big Ditch (Grand Canyon). Arriving at 10AM on a Wednesday, it took almost an hour to find a parking spot! The constant low-flying helicopters are also annoying.

Both pics are along Peralta Rd between US60 & the Peralta Trail that leads into the Superstition Wilderness. I always fly from roads because they are not allowed in Wilderness Areas, so I know I can legally launch.
I'll be out there today😊😊😊😊

Peralta Road itself is 7-8 miles long with dozens of miles of connecting side roads. I could go out there every week & launch from a different site!

Awesome! That would work on hot days here in Alabama too :)

Attachments

• selfie 18.JPG
    selfie 18.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 3
I realize you said you have no interest in videos, but I’d be curious as to your thoughts on this. I do realize that I spelled the name wrong; turns out I’m a nice guy just not too bright.
Superstition Mtn

I realize you said you have no interest in videos, but I’d be curious as to your thoughts on this. I do realize that I spelled the name wrong; turns out I’m a nice guy just not too bright.
Superstition Mtn
I guess it's not that I don't have any interest in video, it's just I prefer to hover & video action on the ground, like the Salt River Horses or ATV's or pickups racing around the desert. Sometimes drone video seems to be about the cleverness of the pilot and not about the subject, if there is one. Also, I can't get my video to look like my photos.

I guess it's not that I don't have any interest in video, it's just I prefer to hover & video action on the ground, like the Salt River Horses or ATV's or pickups racing around the desert. Sometimes drone video seems to be about the cleverness of the pilot and not about the subject, if there is one. Also, I can't get my video to look like my photos.
I get the whole color matching problems. There is a lot to video color grading so that's def an issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.