DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Huge chipboard & MDF factory

Coconut Island Drones

Reactions
Located in the Stirlingshire village of Cowie (scotland) is the huge Chipboard & MDF plant currently owned by West Fraser. The plant has been in production since 1972 when it was opened by Scottish Timber Products. It has had a number of owners since then such as Caberboard & Norbord as well as another few.
I worked at the factory as a heavy plant operator from 1990 till 2000.

Another Nice video!

Located in the Stirlingshire village of Cowie (scotland) is the huge Chipboard & MDF plant currently owned by West Fraser. The plant has been in production since 1972 when it was opened by Scottish Timber Products. It has had a number of owners since then such as Caberboard & Norbord as well as another few.
I worked at the factory as a heavy plant operator from 1990 till 2000.

Great video!

It was cool seeing all the stacked logs and the massive piles of what I assume are wood chips. Do you know how far away all that wood has to come from?

By the way, it looks like you enjoyed a rare cloudy Scottish day so you didn't have to contend with shadows. ;)

Great video!

It was cool seeing all the stacked logs and the massive piles of what I assume are wood chips. Do you know how far away all that wood has to come from?

By the way, it looks like you enjoyed a rare cloudy Scottish day so you didn't have to contend with shadows. ;)
The wood comes from all over Scotland. And yes the piles are woodchip. They also have piles of sawdust but those are in the sheds.

Great video!

"a rare cloudy day in Scotland" rare! lolol.

Really gloomy day but when you shot the piles of fresh wood chips, it add a nice warm color to the video. At 1:34 you have a shot where you see the stacked logs in the foreground and you fly toward the factory. I really like that shot. In fact, if you could have gotten lower over the stack of logs, started flying slowly forward and risen somewhat quickly, I think that would have made the perfect scene setting opening shot. Good job flying.

Really gloomy day but when you shot the piles of fresh wood chips, it add a nice warm color to the video. At 1:34 you have a shot where you see the stacked logs in the foreground and you fly toward the factory. I really like that shot. In fact, if you could have gotten lower over the stack of logs, started flying slowly forward and risen somewhat quickly, I think that would have made the perfect scene setting opening shot. Good job flying.
Thanks. I was in 2 minds whether to bother that day as it was so cloudy. There was no chance of the sun coming out and the forecast for the next couple of days was rain then I was back to work so I thought I'd go ahead and film. If the footage was unusable then so be it, I'd do it again another day. That's a great call on the shot over the log stacks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet