DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huwei XT2 Ascend / Elate Setup?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
Does anyone have a step by step process is setting up the Huwei phone to it's best possibility as a dedicated device.

I know this can be straight forward but wanted to make sure I don't miss anything with it. It will be a dedicated device for my Mavic and Spark so removing bloatware, disabling this and that, etc.

None that I found so far. I disabled or uninstalled all bloatware on my XT2, and pulled the SIM - but nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a step by step process is setting up the Huwei phone to it's best possibility as a dedicated device.

I know this can be straight forward but wanted to make sure I don't miss anything with it. It will be a dedicated device for my Mavic and Spark so removing bloatware, disabling this and that, etc.

msingert's Android setup is a very detailed document. I posted some info under the original thread
$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I posted some info on setting up the HUAWEI but msinger's did a better job with more detail. I did have some instructions on rolling back the firmware on the Mavic Pro and Remote Control. Try this link....it might help.

msingert's Android setup is a very detailed document. I posted some info under the original thread

I posted some info on setting up the HUAWEI but msinger's did a better job with more detail. I did have some instructions on rolling back the firmware on the Mavic Pro and Remote Control. Try this link....it might help.

Regarding the rolling back of the mavic and controller any reason for this? I know that for the most part the version of the app should be .15 vs .18. Do i need to roll back anything on the Mavic and Controller as well?

I was able to move my MP and my Remote Control (RC) from v01.03.0550 to 01.03.0700. I picked this version (0700) because it seems to be the most stable version based on comments from the forum and I really didn’t need any of the extra features/restrictions added to later versions. Check out the firmware section and this post.

I can say that .0550 had a number of known bugs. I'm running .0700 perfectly. Definitely DO NOT upgrade to the latest FW. They've made it impossible to roll-back.

I

Reactions: Qoncussion
Just wasn't sure whether there were nuances specifically for the Huwei device.
Nope. The instructions linked above were created using my Huawei Ascend XT2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EwaKrzyzanowska