DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am in market for mavic 3 classic and looking on eBay and I am afraid of receiving stolen drone.

@Verdrone because of the newness of the Mavic 3 classic i would be very suspicious of purchasing one off ebay beware there are many scams out there, and if the price seems to good to be true thats a good indication ,with a drone that is as expensive as the Mavic 3 classic undoubtably is i would only purchase one from a reputable DJI approved outlet or indeed direct from DJI

Well so far no one has answered your question. First thing to do is check the sellers feedback. You could avoid buying from
pawnshops or sellers with under 50 transactions. Another thing to check is the item complete as shipped box,manual etc.
Also check the photos need to see more contact the seller. E-Bay is as safe a place to buy anything providing that you do your part research wise. In many cases for the amount your saving better to buy new, check the major retailers B&H
Amazon etc.

I just purchased a new , sealed and unopened Mavic 3 Classic with RC controller last night on eBay from a “Top Rated Seller” with thousands of great feedback, a sellers return policy and an EBay guarantee that the item is exactly as stated or my money back. I paid $1600 for the item using PayPal credit. I always use PayPal credit when buying large $ items. I’m not out of pocket even $1 until I get the item, inspect it, and verify physical and working condition. If I have any issues, I will contact eBay and let them handle the seller, transaction, and return if necessary.

I have had good luck buying drones on eBay I always check out the seller before hand,because buying drones sight unseen on eBay is a gamble.
I will be getting a Mavic 3 someday but for that much I will be buying Direct from Dji not gonna Gamble Mavic 3 Money on eBay

Reactions: LoudThunder
Received my brand new Mavic 3 Classic Monday from an EBay seller. I wouldn’t have a problem buying from that seller again. I also signed up for DJI Care.

Check the feedback and number of sales your ebay seller has. Then verify its a US seller since youre in Vermont. Thats the FIRST THING you should do when contemplating a sale on eBay. humph.

Reactions: SDS and LoudThunder
From personal experience with eBay, seller rating at times, can be very misleading.
My trust in the eBay system lies with eBay customer support which, knocking on wood, has been top notch so far.
Fly safe guys and gals!

From personal experience with eBay, seller rating at times, can be very misleading.
My trust in the eBay system lies with eBay customer support which, knocking on wood, has been top notch so far.
Fly safe guys and gals!
Obviously, Ebay customer support is top notch and ALWAYS (outside of obvious scams by the buyer) leans towards the buyer should there be an issue. This encourages business.
But to even get to the point of (having an issue and having to use) Customer Service, you must first make a decision from whom to buy from. The ratings and the amount of sales offer you an educated guess where you might have a pleasant purchase or get screwed and have to actually go to the trouble to use Customer Service.

Im a 20+ year old Ebayer with 100% rating. Ive seen it all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
educated guess
Key words.
Here’s the example.
Seller with a 99.9% rating. Ad clearly stated the Mavic2 Pro camera was brand new as it was removed from a brand new Mavic2 Pro. There was absolutely no question based on the wording that the buyer would receive a new camera. This is a 500.00 plus piece of hardware.
Camera arrived and was clearly a used product. Very visible crash scar on the bottom right corner of the camera itself and visible dust everywhere. A message was immediately sent. His offer was a mere 15% off if I would keep his garbage.
My answer was a simple no. Returned as quickly as I could get his return label and run to the post office. He then waited until the last day(5 days after he received the box of garbage)he was allowed to provide the refund. The real aggravation was the waste of my time in his obvious scam act. So the seller redfox_group is off my list.
What I gained from this little adventure was to look very closely at seller reviews.
If I see more than two negatives with regard to scenarios like the above, I’m out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman