DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am using a Galaxy tab A 7.0 SM-T280 flying the Mavic pro. I am getting disconnected every few seco

Ghostvizer

Reactions
I am using a Galaxy tab A 7.0 SM-T280 flying the Mavic pro. I am getting disconnected every few seconds and its a very glitch flight. I am using the USB connector under the control not the side output. I am using the cable that came with the tablet. I tells me there is a mag interference. I have tried flying in different areas and get the same result on the screen. Is there any known compatibility issues with the Samsung tablet? The tablet is WiFi only and I am flying in RC mode.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am having similar problems, I think. I am using a Motorola cell phone. When moving the gimbal or turning the Mavic the image on the phone breaks up. and the phone based controls seem a bit flaky. Control with the controller seems not to be a problem. The resultant video on the memory card does not break up. I discussed the problem with the DJI crew at the CES, and they flew my Mavic in their cage with my phone, and with their monitor. The problem is clearly in my phone, and at my usual flying place. The image did not break up on my phone in their cage, but there was much too much delay in the image. The DJI crew thinks my phone may be too slow, and that there may be additional radio interference in my area. I am going to go to my cell phone dealer and try out some phones.

I'm having the same problem with my Motorola Moto Pure X. DJI told me to refresh my firmware, which I did, but the problem remained. I then tried my old phone (Note 4) and it worked fine. The problem is intermittent though, so more testing is needed. It seems the DJI Go 4 App has compatablity issues with some phones.

After reading many reviews, I purchased a Galaxy Tab A 7" to use exclusively with my Mavic. After six days of crap weather, I took it out on Saturday and....got disconnected within 20 metres. Then reconnected, but video about 5 seconds 'lag'. Totally useless so I repackaged and took it back for a refund, as it was not 'suitable for purpose'. John Lewis refunded immediately, I think they've had loads of complaints that this is seriously underpowered, not just DJI GO / GO 4 but with loads of other apps. Back to using my iPad Mini 4 and it's fine (although I do occasionally get a disconnect, it isn't major.) so be careful of '...this tablet works fine...' - no it doesn't.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I am using a Galaxy tab A 7.0 SM-T280 flying the Mavic pro. I am getting disconnected every few seconds and its a very glitch flight. I am using the USB connector under the control not the side output. I am using the cable that came with the tablet. I tells me there is a mag interference. I have tried flying in different areas and get the same result on the screen. Is there any known compatibility issues with the Samsung tablet? The tablet is WiFi only and I am flying in RC mode.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same tablet and I had the same problem. Use the GO app 3, not the 4. Close all background apps, tell the GO app not to cache locally and make sure your tablet's memory is not loaded. I took it out today and I had zero problems. Hope this helps.

After reading many reviews, I purchased a Galaxy Tab A 7" to use exclusively with my Mavic. After six days of crap weather, I took it out on Saturday and....got disconnected within 20 metres. Then reconnected, but video about 5 seconds 'lag'. Totally useless so I repackaged and took it back for a refund, as it was not 'suitable for purpose'. John Lewis refunded immediately, I think they've had loads of complaints that this is seriously underpowered, not just DJI GO / GO 4 but with loads of other apps. Back to using my iPad Mini 4 and it's fine (although I do occasionally get a disconnect, it isn't major.) so be careful of '...this tablet works fine...' - no it doesn't.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I use the exact same tablet and have 0 issues, it take a couple of seconds for the DJI app to load but my phone does the same. I have at least 3-4 hours of flying using the Tab A 7" and have had no issues with disconnects at all, I use the original DJI Go app and not the newly released Go 4 app.

Reactions: jerryflah
I use the exact same tablet and have 0 issues, it take a couple of seconds for the DJI app to load but my phone does the same. I have at least 3-4 hours of flying using the Tab A 7" and have had no issues with disconnects at all, I use the original DJI Go app and not the newly released Go 4 app.
Good news, welcomed, I'm going with that Tablet but starting out with Gal. S7 phone. After using it, I'll try moving to the Tablet. But a bigger screen does not trump performance, in my humble opinion. So I'm willing to fly only with my phone and controller if need be.

Make sure you turn off the wifi on the tablet/phone you are using as it is the same frequency as the mavic transmission signal.
The only time i have ever had disconnects, the wifi was left on, turned it off and problem solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78