DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I dreamed this flight path, then I flew it....

Apocalypso

Reactions
When I bought my Mavic Pro, I was so excited thinking about flying and filming my second home, Hilton Head island, that I had dreams about it. So much that I dreamed this flight plan, so that's what I had to do first. Check it out, from my backyard to beach and then looking back....

Very pretty spot!
I find that when I want to capture sequences especially like your intro segment, I use waypoint mode, allowing me to focus on controlling the camera.
The past few years I've been using Autopilot to automate everything and set up focus points, but most of it can be done for free with DJI's app.
Nice work!

Reactions: Apocalypso
Did you use RTH to find your way back? When you turn around at the end and look back at the land, there's no way I'd be able to find where I came from.

Did you use RTH to find your way back? When you turn around at the end and look back at the land, there's no way I'd be able to find where I came from.
Get up high enough and tilt down to get a visual orientation. Use the compass to point the drone home.

RTH is a fantastic backup feature. Make sure it will work. Set up the height first, make sure you are in GPS mode before taking off, and check the home position on the map.

Good question. I actually followed it out along a beach pathway that goes among the trees. So it was always overhead. (I believe in that line of sight requirement.) So at the end, in front of the condos, you can see wood walkways. I went up on the one in the center of the video and landed it there. I filmed that, but it was uninteresting, so I cut that part out.

Reactions: Peel
Very pretty spot!
I find that when I want to capture sequences especially like your intro segment, I use waypoint mode, allowing me to focus on controlling the camera.
The past few years I've been using Autopilot to automate everything and set up focus points, but most of it can be done for free with DJI's app.
Nice work!

Thanks! Will have to check out the whole flight plan stuff. Still learning, wanna master the basics and how to really "fly" it first....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom