DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got snagged! Help?!

themixguy

Reactions
IMG_1149.JPG Flying in a grassy park, I landed on a clear, hard dirt spot. Upon second take off, the Mavic went up an inch or two then shutdown. I found one of the props must have snagged on the fish line-like webbing that underlies sod. That "dirt" landing area turned out to be a place where the grass was gone but there was exposed plastic webbing. My bad!

But I can't just pull the webbing out. Any help on how to disassemble to make sure I get it all or is this beyond the capabilities of this mere mortal? Thanks for your advice. Take a look at the photo.

Can you pull it out with pliers? It shouldn't do the motors any harm.

View attachment 16562 Flying in a grassy park, I landed on a clear, hard dirt spot. Upon second take off, the Mavic went up an inch or two then shutdown. I found one of the props must have snagged on the fish line-like webbing that underlies sod. That "dirt" landing area turned out to be a place where the grass was gone but there was exposed plastic webbing. My bad!

But I can't just pull the webbing out. Any help on how to disassemble to make sure I get it all or is this beyond the capabilities of this mere mortal? Thanks for your advice. Take a look at the photo.
The motor cannot be disassembled. So my suggestion is based on how the motor spins when flying, I would grab an end and try to unwind in that direction.

After quite a bit of jiggling and tugging with needle nose pliers, I was able to get it ALL out intact. I was concerned that pulling on it would break instead, which some did. But I was able to get it lose and removed it all.
I flight tested it to make sure everything was ok and I'm happy to report its back in the air. Thanks for weighing in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02