DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I hate birds

Insideout

Reactions
So I'm about 3 minutes into a flight, and wham! A bird attacked my Mavic and literally knocked it out of the sky into a tree. I recovered it thanks to the help of a ladder, extension pole and a neighbor, but lost 2 props, 1 leg extension, and most troubling my ND16 filter. I put bright orange stickers on the bottom of the Mavic to make it more visible in the sky, but do you guys think maybe the orange is making birds think it's a male predator so it attacks? I've had several close calls and this one went all the way to a crash. Any thoughts? Does anyone else have problems with suicidal birds?

I am sorry that this happened to you but I am going to be honest here...I laughed out loud at the "male predator" bit. You know there are female predators too right? I used to date one.

I am sorry that this happened to you but I am going to be honest here...I laughed out loud at the "male predator" bit. You know there are female predators too right? I used to date one.
Well, being honest, in the bird world males have bright colors and females don't. So bright orange on a bird would be a male. For humans, i agree that females are much more dangerous :)

Reactions: mfarris2 and X424
So I'm about 3 minutes into a flight, and wham! A bird attacked my Mavic and literally knocked it out of the sky into a tree. I recovered it thanks to the help of a ladder, extension pole and a neighbor, but lost 2 props, 1 leg extension, and most troubling my ND16 filter. I put bright orange stickers on the bottom of the Mavic to make it more visible in the sky, but do you guys think maybe the orange is making birds think it's a male predator so it attacks? I've had several close calls and this one went all the way to a crash. Any thoughts? Does anyone else have problems with suicidal birds?
I have seen threads about putting big googlie eyes on the drone however I am not confident this would repel. Do you have a good picture of the bird? Was it a raptor, like a chicken hawk?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz
Ok,....I am going to answer this with a couple of old man wise observations and thoughts. First,.....someone should invent a wireless horn,...so we could sound a loud horn should a bird attack.
And according to a book I read,....God created man. Then man bitched about being lonely,...now get this,....in a paradise. This infuriated God. (Who is man to ***** at God) So he knocked man out, kicked him in the ribs so he had sore ribs,.....and sent a demon to torture him for the rest of eternity. We call that demon,.....woman! Now God figured that would teach Adam a lesson and he would repent and ask God to forgive him. So he left Adam alone with this demon named Eve for a while so Adam could soak in his mistake. But alas Eve used her wiles and made up some crazy story about a serpent. She talked Adam in to doing the one thing God told Adam he was not to do. Fooled Adam into biting into an Apple to become wise. We were fooled into acting stupid then. And we have acted and done stupid things over and over for a woman since. If we had just not bitched about needing a woman then,.......man would still be in paradise.
And according to that book,.....there would be no predators of any kind,.....because everything got along.

Reactions: Soundtekk

Here we can clearly see that this is a male predatory goshawk. His name is Brian and he was born in 2016. Towards the end of the film, Brian switches from friendly aerial playmate to dangerous predator by disappearing from view and this scaring the living **** out of the mavic pilot. Well done Brian, well done.

Whoops. Sorry, I have a very colorful vocabulary. I will edit. I really need to read the welcome guide.

I hope the bird is alive because it owes me money for the freakin ND filter. I would be okay if it had a really bad headache. It happened so fast I couldn't tell what type of bird it was, so I'm going to assume it was a pterodactyl, or some kind of flying moose. I was at about 100 feet and literally a split second later I was in a tree. This was a brand new set of props too, so I got a solid 3 minutes of use out of them.

the ND filter is now serving as one half of a pair of sunglasses! he is on the lookout for another drone to pick up the other so he can have a complete pair :rolleyes:

Reactions: workfortravel
The language checking thing on this forum is a hoot. You can say FKers and yet H.E.L.L is blanked out with ****
No poop!

Last edited:
Could the attraction to our birds not be the omitted sound they make ? A drone does sound like a bee's nest in flight and many species of birds will fly into a swarm of insects for a quick snack.

Reactions: Insideout
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason