Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I HATE DJI ASSISTANT 2!!!!!!

JohnnyD913

Reactions
Every single computer I have ever had running windows will load dji assistant 2
But once I actually plug it in the usb I have
NOTHING..
I can use those same USB ports for other apps and NEVER A PROBLEM..
I have tried at least a dozen different power cords and still nothing...
The assistant 2 program isn’t that complicated so why doesn’t a mid level laptop running windows 10 have the ability?
Everything else I load runs flawlessly..

I really need this cause I’m getting calibrate
Sensors and CANT CAUSE I NEED ASSISTANT 2....
I think It sucks big time..
Any ideas?
Thank u

Reactions: wingtraveler
The trick is in the sequencing.
Try connecting the drone (or controller) before/after you launch DJI Assistant; you can also try powering the drone up/down with it already plugged into USB.
I don't think I've every had it work the first time, but once I launch DJI Assistant and try connecting/disconnecting the (powered) drone, it eventually identifies the device and presents an icon to click on.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
The trick is in the sequencing.
Try connecting the drone (or controller) before/after you launch DJI Assistant; you can also try powering the drone up/down with it already plugged into USB.
I don't think I've every had it work the first time, but once I launch DJI Assistant and try connecting/disconnecting the (powered) drone, it eventually identifies the device and presents an icon to click on.
Thank u StantonZ,
I just tried what u suggested many times
And just about ever sequence I could think
Of.
I’ve deleted and re downloaded 5-6 times to no avail.
I’m told my drivers are good.
I have had people who are pretty computer savvy that changed some security settings and it didn’t work..
We switched the security back right after trying to connect.
This is just ridiculous...
They need Better way to calibrate..
I even did the calibration thru the dji go 4
App and still tells me I need to use dji *** to calibrate

You say you’ve used several cords but mine isn’t a cord. Looks more like a ribbon . Don’t know if that matters or not. ?‍♂️

Edit..
98049FE4-E2C5-4BAD-850B-EE59597B553D.jpeg

Last edited:
You didn't state which drone model you had, but you have to have to correct version of DJI Assistant that corresponds with YOUR model. It's confusing. Even the DJI support rep told me to download the wrong one for my Mini 2.

Having said that, after getting a second, more knowledgeable DJI support person on the phone, and downloading the correct version, we determined that my Mini 2 was defective in that even the correct version would not recognize that drone. It got sent back to DJI for replacement. I suggest phoning DJI support and getting some phone support.

You didn't state which drone model you had, but you have to have to correct version of DJI Assistant that corresponds with YOUR model. It's confusing. Even the DJI support rep told me to download the wrong one for my Mini 2.

Having said that, after getting a second, more knowledgeable DJI support person on the phone, and downloading the correct version, we determined that my Mini 2 was defective in that even the correct version would not recognize that drone. It got sent back to DJI for replacement. I suggest phoning DJI support and getting some phone support.
I have the Mavic pro...
Thank you

Oh, I 'm stumped then sorry.
I would think the exe is the correct one, the zip probably just contains a compressed version of the exe.
I just tried my M2P and assistant 2, started the assistant 2 on Wndows 7 and let it boot then switched on the M2P and connected it and it appeared on the Assitant 2 window.
I can't remember if I have it on Windows 10, sorry
I know that with the MM you have to start the assistant and then switch on the MM and connect it to the computer with in xy seconds of switching the MM on.
But I think you have already tried that

Now the screen size is holding me up.
Keeps saying enter computer screen size.
It’s a laptop but from where to where do I measure.
17 inch size and none worked

On your screen do you have black strips on the sides or is it full.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190