DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need to learn color correcting

Wolfman Jonathan

Reactions
Hi All,

Here is some footage I shot today. I am extremely unhappy with the blown out colors. It seems over exposed and flat. any suggestions?

I had the same issues, but finally got my camera adjusted like I like it. I set the color to 'None', which is not actually none, but seems pretty natural. Then I set the exposure to -.3 and then on the 'Style' I think it's called, I use 'Custom' set to +2 -1 -1 and it cleaned everything up pretty nice.

Thank you. I will give that a try. I also just ordered a six pack of filters, although I think I have a little bit of studying to do to figure out which ones I'm going to use. It does seem like a lot of the footage was blown out.

Again, thank you for your suggestions.

To decide which filters to use download the PolarPro app. It tells you which filters to use depending on your camera settings. Available for iPhone and Droid

Look for the PolarPro Filter App thread. After following the thread it seems the app only tells you the shutter speed to use. That is after you power up the drone and put a filter on (one of theirs), Taco filters can be installed b4 power up. You have to plug the variables in including the filter. There are allot of feedback and suggestions on how to improve the app. I am like you on filter, but hopefully they will improve the app.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Hi All,

Here is some footage I shot today. I am extremely unhappy with the blown out colors. It seems over exposed and flat. any suggestions?

Do you know how to adjust the exposure with the "Camera Settings Dial" on the right side of the controller? It looks like you have it set way too high.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thank you. I will give that a try. I also just ordered a six pack of filters, although I think I have a little bit of studying to do to figure out which ones I'm going to use. It does seem like a lot of the footage was blown out.

Again, thank you for your suggestions.

Give it a try, it made a HUGE difference on my footage, I was actually starting to think my camera was screwed up before I made those changes. If you like it a bit darker you can even go -.7 on the exposure, but that was too dark for me. If you like it softer you can also change that +2 to a lower number as I believe it's the Sharpness, but I like it a little sharper. You'll have to let us know, I'll be curious how much better you like the camera after some experimenting.

Here's the difference between filter and no filter. Everything set to auto. Sharper and smoother ready to color correct.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78