DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I wouldn't attempt this , and I'm Irish

Wow so much negativity here ,I thought this parade was Awesome ,never seen so many mixers
you done good brother

It's the 39th annual concrete truck parade on St. Patrick's Day. Quirky, but cool.

The 25 trucks, one hot pink, ring in St. Patrick’s Day and raise money for cancer research.

“Every one of those trucks, there’s been money donated to the S.D. Ireland Cancer Research Fund, so it’s pretty awesome,” Todd Silloway with S.D. Ireland said.

It all began in 1999. After their own brush with cancer, Scott and Kim Ireland launched the S.D. Ireland Cancer Research Fund. All proceeds from the annual Concrete Mixer Parade, a whopping $12 million to date, go toward cancer research at UVM.

S.D. Ireland employees say they’re thrilled to have raised $175,000 this year.

Whilst its nice to see people far and wide celebrate Saint Patrick's Day , I question the judgement of this fan of the parade.
Interesting fact , the Irish Aviation Authority put a TFR over the Dublin parade to prevent such occurrences . Maybe keep it over the roof tops next time ?
Agreed. While unlikely a drone is simply going to drop from the sky at the worse possible moment, we need to always assume the possibility and never put people at risk.

Well it might not be the most legal flight, I really don't think he's going to hurt a cement truck if he falls from the sky .

I did not know St. Patrick was the patron saint of concrete. ALSO NO green truck? have a pinch.
Green vehicles are unlucky! The little lepricorns think it's grass, climb up then fall off and get crushed under the van wheels, very unlucky!
As for cement trucks.... you'd think that would be more of a Mafia thing really, all those guys supporting flyovers and bridges from within :)

• Haha
Reactions: Cafguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13