DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iiiiiiiiiiit’s here!

doobry

Reactions
Arrived earlier today but I was out until 6pm. All upgraded now and ready for first flight tomorrow morning if I can get out before work gets too busy. Highlight of this so far is the dust cover I found for it. I’m in England so this might be a bit funnier for you North Americans. :) Fits like a glove!
IMG_1022.JPG

First 2 flights complete..! it seems actually easier to fly than the spark, love the zoom feature and the drag to steer the camera bit, though I'd prefer that sort of camera control on the 5D button.. Tried a couple of dolly zooms but didn't seem to do anything but I don't think I set the scene up very well.. Will try again when I've got a better hang of it.. It's also I think MUCH safer to hand land and launch than the spark! Though it does miss having a button you can press to take off one handed:)

One miss I think from DJI is an anchor point for a lanyard, just where the FCC label is on the back, at the bottom in the centre would have been perfect for allowing you to keep two hands free when unfolding or whatever.. Other than that, really pleased with it, just wish I had a: more time and b: better weather! :)

Arrived earlier today but I was out until 6pm. All upgraded now and ready for first flight tomorrow morning if I can get out before work gets too busy. Highlight of this so far is the dust cover I found for it. I’m in England so this might be a bit funnier for you North Americans. :) Fits like a glove!
View attachment 45275

Love the Crown Royal bag!! Ours in the USA are Blue, is that a variant? Best of luck with your new Mavic!!

Great flight tonight :) Did my first hyper lapse! Almost at dusk.. All I did was hit auto in iMovie to improve the image a little..

I need to learn some patience, I got bored after 5 minutes and all I got was 2.4 seconds;)

What's the best software people use for post processing please? I know this is probably a big topic.. ;)

Thanks!

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
View attachment 45275
Everyone loves a little Crown humor [emoji1]

View attachment 45275

Awesome. I received mine today I'm charging battery #1 and controller right now.
Can I ask what you did first? eg, hook up to assistant and update firmware?
Does it do the connected battery at the same time?
Do I assume I update the firmware before I calibrate?

Edit: Crap, do I need to use Go 4 and activate first?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to real drones and the manuals aren't helping much w/ the order you're supposed to do things and such. Or, if you know of a step by step somewhere and could advise of where it is? I see some videos for the old ones, but nothing but some reviews for the M2s.

Thanks,
Mitchell

Mine is coming on Monday, but cant find extra batteries. DJI is out of them as well. UGH!

Reactions: mhs2xs
I was worried the fly more kit would be out when I ordered mine, but it wasn't. That's the only way I got extras

Awesome. I received mine today I'm charging battery #1 and controller right now.
Can I ask what you did first? eg, hook up to assistant and update firmware?
Does it do the connected battery at the same time?
Do I assume I update the firmware before I calibrate?

Edit: Crap, do I need to use Go 4 and activate first?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to real drones and the manuals aren't helping much w/ the order you're supposed to do things and such. Or, if you know of a step by step somewhere and could advise of where it is? I see some videos for the old ones, but nothing but some reviews for the M2s.

Thanks,
Mitchell

First thing I did was charge all the batteries. I got the Flymore Kit so i just stuck them into the charger and waited until the first one was done..

Then I just upgraded with the controller (DJI assistant for mavic wouldn't work on my PC so I tried the controller and it was fine) which took about 15 minutes roughly. Remember to install all your batteries so you can upgrade the firmware on those too!

Then I did an IMU calibration and finally, before first flight, I did a compass calibration in a field..

First thing I did was charge all the batteries. I got the Flymore Kit so i just stuck them into the charger and waited until the first one was done..

Then I just upgraded with the controller (DJI assistant for mavic wouldn't work on my PC so I tried the controller and it was fine) which took about 15 minutes roughly. Remember to install all your batteries so you can upgrade the firmware on those too!

Then I did an IMU calibration and finally, before first flight, I did a compass calibration in a field..

Thanks for the reply.

I tried in vain for many hours using many methods to update firmware in the M2Z list night. Go4 would bomb and assistant 2 wouldn't even recognize it, though my laptop would see it plugging in. Tried swapping batteries, rebooting everything multiple times, etc. Frustrating to say the least. Will resume again when I get home today.

Edit: I did manage to get the firmware update on the RC, but the update on the Z would only get to 35% max before it would give me a Network Disconnect Error, even though I'm 10ft from my router and every other device in the house is functioning on the wifi.

Last edited:
Too many times, turning things on in different order, every combo I could think of

If I keep having issues I'll go thru and see if I have a conflicting app resident, but when I glanced last night, I didn't see anything that jumped out

Last edited:
Also, after I would get the Network Disconnect Error, the blue box at the bottom would still say downloading, so I don't know if it actually was as the activity was not continuous. I guess I'll try letting it sit after the error and see what it does. If I mess around too long though, I'll miss a chance to chat with support.

Windows 8.1 was the problem with assistant 2. Updating M2Z and batteries now

Thanks to all for the input and I'm glad we have a windows 10 machine here

Reactions: doobry
Holy crap, after many more hours, I think I have most everything working, including the RE Goggles and the active gimbal mode. This thing is truly incredible, but I am easily amused at times. It's been raining so I'm studying the menus and settings. Hope to post some footage in the near future. Cheers doobry!

Reactions: doobry
Holy crap, after many more hours, I think I have most everything working, including the RE Goggles and the active gimbal mode. This thing is truly incredible, but I am easily amused at times. It's been raining so I'm studying the menus and settings. Hope to post some footage in the near future. Cheers doobry!

No worries!

My first flight tomorrow with the goggles! Can't wait ;)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes