DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Illegal Flight Over Stadium

heightened_imagery

Reactions
Hello all! First major post. Admins, please remove if not allowed. Move to proper thread also if possible. Thanks!
Came across this... beauty*insert sarcasm* (hardly, MAJOR FAA violations) Hopefully the FAA can find this person. Talk about illegal to the max! Not our video, not do we know this person. Thought you all would be amazed at how idiotic some people can be.

That's all we need is one or two of these morons to get the FAA to require geofencing of all drone mfrs. RID is bad enough.

Reactions: heightened_imagery
The youtube comments say it all really.

edit - "That’s some of the smoothest gimbal work I’ve ever seen, did you want to try some of my seizure medication for my dog? It may help" 😂🤣
That was one of the funniest comments on the video

Cheers!

Thread moved to Rules & Regs.

This has been reported to the FAA at least ONE time and I'd guess many times to be honest.

I hope that one Claim to Fame was worth it because it's not going to fair well for them (I hope).

Update, I've been back and forth with the FAA on this already today.

They know about it, and are already on the move. The media know about it too. They've already reached to the FAA's media contact looking for a quote. I've had about 6 or 7 different drone pilots reach out to me about this as well.

And the Cincinnati PD has asked people to quit calling them to report it. Cincinnati FSDO has also been overwhelmed.

The drone community has come together to nail this guy like nothing I've seen before.

It is my sincere hope this cat has his hide nailed to the wall over this. He's bragging about it on his YT channel, saying Cincinnati is a big town and the FAA won't be able to find him. But when you have your phone number and email address on your IG account, it's not really that hard.

This guy is a moron, and I hope he gets everything coming to him.

Thread moved to Rules & Regs.

This has been reported to the FAA at least ONE time and I'd guess many times to be honest.

I hope that one Claim to Fame was worth it because it's not going to fair well for them (I hope).
A whole lot more than just one time... 😂😂😂😂

Is this a prank video? Or supposedly flown with permission (how could that be?) or something? Bear in mind I can not hear an commentary.
If unauthorised
a) how come there's no reaction from the crowd etc. during those low shots, it surely has to have been visible? Ooooh I see it now, cleaning my glasses helped
b) I hope theres's more than one report going into the FAA. Well played to those folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a prank video? Or supposedly flown with permission (how could that be?) or something? Bear in mind I can not hear an commentary.
If unauthorised
a) how come there's no reaction from the crowd etc. during those low shots, it surely has to have been visible?
b) I hope theres's more than one report going into the FAA.
a) You can see some of the crowd waving or flipping him off. Definitely not a prank
b) There are multiple people reporting this to the local FSDO, local PD, as well as FAA National. This will be on the docket of many FAA meetings tomorrow morning.

If unauthorised
a) how come there's no reaction from the crowd etc. during those low shots, it surely has to have been visible?
b) I hope theres's more than one report going into the FAA.
It sounds like, by the comments, there were multiple people who saw it overhead, but didn't think about it being some youwho Joe Blow.
I also wouldn't expect it to be authorized, considering the same user also has a video out cussing out the police. Plus, horrible quality imo. 🤣

Reactions: Vic Moss
I'm also floored that the guy hasn't bothered taking this down from his YT account yet. Won't matter, the FAA has it. And if they don't, I'll send them the copy I downloaded.

I'm also floored that the guy hasn't bothered taking this down from his YT account yet. Won't matter, the FAA has it. And if they don't, I'll send them the copy I downloaded.
I'm doubtful he will take it down. He is awful cocky about taking the video and self claiming that he "did nothing wrong".

I'm doubtful he will take it down. He is awful cocky about taking the video and self claiming that he "did nothing wrong"
He'll figure out what he did wrong soon enough. 🙄

And I bet it's down by lunch tomorrow.

I'm doubtful he will take it down. He is awful cocky about taking the video and self claiming that he "did nothing wrong".
I see you're in Cincy. Do you know him?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J