DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm Go 7 KM and back 7 KM then total 14 Km Flight

Exciting, disabling all battery eaters like sensors, auto focus and recording. Fying high guarantees aline of site connection

Reactions: Jack
Exciting, disabling all battery eaters like sensors, auto focus and recording. Fying high guarantees aline of site connection
I went 7.1km in CE Mode at 80m height. You dont need to go that high, we dont want to be hitting any light aircraft.

I noticed that you were flying fully pinned forward, yet getting 50 - 51 km / hr (both outbound and inbound). (Per the last portion of the clip).

So, virtually no wind at all (same power setting, same ground speed).

Did you set the max speed to 50?

Have you made a power curve for the Mavic?

Speed would have been limited to ~50kph by P mode I expect. Would have needed S mode for faster. Really like the way you glided it in from 2km out, when it started a forced descent in landing mode.

Reactions: Jack
I thought P-mode max speed was slower than that.
Just looked it up. Max is 36mph (58kph) in P-Mode, reducing to 22mph (36kph) when the forward vision system is enabled. (p11 of manual)

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
So out of LOS, going WAY above legal (or common sense altitude), then posts it for those who think the hobby should be banned to see it. Way to go, Jack.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

So out of LOS, going WAY above legal (or common sense altitude), then posts it for those who think the hobby should be banned to see it. Way to go, Jack.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

He was in a place called Pathum Thani in Thailand air traffic there is practically zero. at 230m high he would have been fine. nearest airports are Don Meuang and Suvurniboom (Bangkok) some one hour to one and a half hours drive away. This place is ricefields with very few people no helicopters flying around and is about as rural as you can get with flat straight land for much more than the 7 kilos he flew.

Thailand is very drone accomodating and his launch site is used for many drone range tests.

The dealers in Bangkok often use the area for longer flights.

This is not a NFZ area

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai