DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"I'M IN MY YARD!" Officer's detain drone pilot

Some years ago I was doing a training course for investigators. The course was run by the police a the state police academy. One of the old sergeant/lecturers told us one day that he guaranteed that if he followed any of us for 15 minutes he could find some crime we had committed. If they want to they can get you.

Yep, same with vehicles and driving.

You know you can be booked for not having water in your windscreen washer bottle ?
Related, not having clean windows ?
Having an item unsecured in your vehicle cabin compartment, eg on the back seat or on the back back parcel shelf ?
WIth a utility vehicle, even having an empty drink can in the back of an open tray (unsecured load) ?

Yes, pretty much any vehicle / driver can be found to have some sort of defect or citation attached to it.

you have no clue no arrest can be made unless you committed a crime. OK sure they can do all that but then get sued for a lot of money .

People are wrongfully arrested all the time. I don’t do criminal law work any more but I still get tons of calls and read a lot of incident/arrest reports. And wrongful arrest lawsuits are almost never successful because of the applicable legal standards that give nearly unlimited discretion to LEOs (This is not intended to be an anti-LEO post; it’s just that a handful of bad ones disproportionately cause a lot of problems).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov