DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Improving FPVLR Antenna, making it better.

Yes, I was done with it, then light bulb came on to make a video.
Too bad, good thought come later :)

Reactions: Drone_guy
Will this mod increase the range of the Mavic? I will like to know buy how much is stock antennas

Well, my mod itself not increasing anything. I just applied some improvements to already excellent antennas.
IF you want to know how FPVLR antennas better over stock antennas, it all depends what you trying to do with it.
If you flying open sight, your stock antennas will outperform your battery flight time.
You really starting to benefit out of aftermarket antennas when you ether increasing your flight time with battery mods or, flying around obstacles like building, trees and such.
It's all depends on your application you use your drone for.

Reactions: Drone_guy
Well, my mod itself not increasing anything. I just applied some improvements to already excellent antennas.
IF you want to know how FPVLR antennas better over stock antennas, it all depends what you trying to do with it.
If you flying open sight, your stock antennas will outperform your battery flight time.
You really starting to benefit out of aftermarket antennas when you ether increasing your flight time with battery mods or, flying around obstacles like building, trees and such.
It's all depends on your application you use your drone for.
Thank you very much for clearing that up. I am interested in keeping a good video feedback on my crystal sky monitor. In a earlier post a user mentioned that the flight is limited by the battery so having antennas to make your drone go 6miles makes no difference if you can only get 5miles from.the battery

Thank you very much for clearing that up. I am interested in keeping a good video feedback on my crystal sky monitor. In a earlier post a user mentioned that the flight is limited by the battery so having antennas to make your drone go 6miles makes no difference if you can only get 5miles from.the battery

Correct...and that is why you do the battery mod...or you buy one of these and go the 6 miles....or 7...or 10!

Reactions: SuperPete
Pete, in your experience, how well do these perform? Do they have good penetration through trees?

I'm wondering how well they perform when up against the Titan Control or the 4 Hawks Raptor SR? I don't expect you to have that information I'm just thinking out loud.

I am doing testing as we speak, should have video out by the end of this weekend with reports.
I will test stock, against ALFA patch antennas vs FPVLR and let you know.
I will do tree penetration, behind house obstacle penetration and open sight tests.

I am doing testing as we speak, should have video out by the end of this weekend with reports.
I will test stock, against ALFA patch antennas vs FPVLR and let you know.
I will do tree penetration, behind house obstacle penetration and open sight tests.

Very good! Thank you for that.

I currently have a 4 Hawks Raptor SR and I was contemplating getting the Switch from Titan. Before I do that though I think I'm going to try and just make my own Switch by using some 4 watt boosters, my Raptor SR for distance and some 15 dBi whips for penetration in my neighborhood. I'll also do a before and after and I'll post up my results.

I got my amps on order also, so week after next more tests, same antenna set BOOSTED, eah baby

I got my amps on order also, so week after next more tests, same antenna set BOOSTED, eah baby

Which boosters are you getting? I'm not sure if I should spend the money to get the Sunhans boosters or the cheap Chinese boosters.

Here is the antenna comparison video

Very interesting! It seemed as though you still had signal with the 3.5 dBi antennas, just as you were about to return home it went to 3 bars. Seems as if you could have pushed that first one a bit farther.

Well, it's the drone antenna orientation. When drone flys forward it tilts forward and antenna faces down, it improves signal.

Another thought.
20K feet is farthest oneway for mavic pro battery, after 40K round trip I landed with 6% on batt, keep that in mind.
My goal is to get out there 20K and have all bars on the radio and drone.
It's coming...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark