DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inaugural flight.. Auto land issues

Goose48

Reactions
Braved a bit of wind to take my new Mavic out for its first flight. Everything connected without issue, and I just got to grips with controls (moved from an eHang Ghost drone2) in beginner mode. Everything perfect, and very pleased until landing where it stated 'not safe place to land, please land elsewhere'. It done this twice and I had to manually land.
The only thing I can think of (it may sound mad) is that it was dark wet tarmac and may have been mistaken for water? Manually landed and all ok.

One other query... There seems to be lots of people with android devices losing connection or the app crashing. I have a one plus 3t and all was fine, but I'm a little worried. If I purchased an iPad mini 2 just to use with the Mavic, is the opinion ios is much more stable/safer?

Thoughts appreciated.![emoji3]

The Mav is just overly cautious with landing. This is normal. Just land manually. If you haven't already, just take off and land manually. Keep your VPS sensors on, and if you have flat ground, your Mav will take off and land perfectly. As you manually land, know that the Mav will stop about 1.5 feet above ground, even with stick pulled down, then it will land. Hold left stick down 3 seconds, and motors will stop.
Yes, IOS seems to be the most stable platform for the Mavic.

Reactions: Goose48 and WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny