DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Including Phantoms, what drones/controllers record sound?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
A thread over on the DJI forum started me wondering. Since I can not myself check, I am curious. I have not noticed mention of a microphone in the DJI manuals so am wondering if any sound recording is coming from a phone....if a phone is attached/needed? I'd have thought a microphone on the drone would be swamped with wind noise so pretty pointless, that presumably leaves the controller etc..

If there was a microphone on the drone all you would hear would be the props or wind noise. t would be interesting for DJI thought to offer a microphone option on the remote. I have always thought it would be nice to narrate some of my videos so I could tell what I am looking at and not have to do it post production all the time. I know from watching a lot of videos on YouTube of drones videos have been done with external cameras with mics but like I said to do it with a iPad for example would be nice.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
You can plug a microphone into the Host USB-C socket on the DJI RC transmitter (eg a USB-C headset). That allows you to record audio on the local screen recordings (eg commentary). But it doesn't do anything for the video recorded by the drone obviously.

When I use the Autel Evo Lite Plus, it records sound using the mic from my Triptek. So, I suppose it would work with a phone as well.

I've not tried it using any of my DJI drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02