DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Increase Max altitude

ruaidhri

Reactions
I got a new Mavic Pro 3 and noticed something strange that wasn't the case on my old pro 2.
I took off and while I was changing the RTH altitude, I noticed the Max altitude was 500m but the slider was only half way across, I dragged the slider and to my surprise the slider went to 1000m. It gave me a pop up warning but nothing else. I was near mountains that are over 500m so I had to test it and sure enough i went to 520m without warning or stopping like my old MP2 would have. I landed after that, but thought it odd that it was locked on the old version but not the 3. Is this normal behavior for the pro 3?
Thanks

I think it is restricted to certain areas, possibly places in the USA or N.American continent.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruaidhri
I got a new Mavic Pro 3 and noticed something strange that wasn't the case on my old pro 2.
I took off and while I was changing the RTH altitude, I noticed the Max altitude was 500m but the slider was only half way across, I dragged the slider and to my surprise the slider went to 1000m. It gave me a pop up warning but nothing else. I was near mountains that are over 500m so I had to test it and sure enough i went to 520m without warning or stopping like my old MP2 would have. I landed after that, but thought it odd that it was locked on the old version but not the 3. Is this normal behavior for the pro 3?
Thanks
It is only available when you are more than 50km from the nearest airport, and on newer FW and have updated to the corresponding Fly version. I don't believe it was ever added to GO 4, which is what the Mavic 2 Pro uses.

It actually is more of a hassle than it is worth, because of the boneheaded method of implementation by DJI. It puts an opaque gray altitude layer over the map everywhere except where it is 1000m! In order to see the maps everywhere else, you have to completely turn off the Altitude layer in Maps, depriving you of all other Altitude related limitations!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13