DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Increasing panning angle of camera

ChuckMavicPro

Reactions
While my drone was resetting itself, I noticed it panned the camera +>45 degrees to each side. I had no idea the gimble was capable of this range. Is there any way to access this panning capability in flight?

I want to do this to keep the obstacle avoidance sensor pointed in the direction it is flying while filming to the side.

I’m not sure if it’s always done this but last night I calibrated my gimbal and noticed the panning all the way to the sides. I was wondering the same as you.

While my drone was resetting itself, I noticed it panned the camera +>45 degrees to each side. I had no idea the gimble was capable of this range. Is there any way to access this panning capability in flight?

I want to do this to keep the obstacle avoidance sensor pointed in the direction it is flying while filming to the side.

no. this movement is used to dampen yaw vibrations and smooth the yawing of the drone.

The only setting you have is the gimbal smoothness. More smooth uses more of the +>45 degrees yaw freedom to smooth out the yaw movements of the drone.

Reactions: genesimmons
Actually you can do it if you buy the Dji googles they allow you to move the gimbal laterally, look for some videos on YouTube

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming