DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incredible mountians of Italy

D

Deleted member 65595

Hi everyone!

I went to Italy during the holidays, and was stunned by the magnificent mountains and medieval castles it has to offer. Check out the video (it is only three minutes long) to catch the views! Also, take a look at the transition around 1 minute in. Really think it worked out perfect, and it can be applied to other drone footage as well! Comment below if you'd like to know how I pulled it off ;)

Love the castle drop in too haha. Well done Thumbswayup

Hi everyone!

I went to Italy during the holidays, and was stunned by the magnificent mountains and medieval castles it has to offer. Check out the video (it is only three minutes long) to catch the views! Also, take a look at the transition around 1 minute in. Really think it worked out perfect, and it can be applied to other drone footage as well! Comment below if you'd like to know how I pulled it off ;)

Well done!

Fantastic snow to no snow transition and music was so well synced! I also loved the castle drop in! LOL

I personally would like to understand how you pulled it off.
Thank you! I wrote a comment under the video where I explain it in greater detail, but it is basically a lot of masking. It consists of two clips that move in the opposite direction. One is layered beneath the other and a luma key transition is applied

Reactions: GunsN
How in the world is it possible that you have only 57 views and 32 subscribers when developing this level of video on Youtube?
This is a prime example of excellent content going almost completely unnoticed. I guess one has to have a gimmick these days to start pulling in views and subscribers. <long sigh>

How in the world is it possible that you have only 57 views and 32 subscribers when developing this level of video on Youtube?
This is a prime example of excellent content going almost completely unnoticed. I guess one has to have a gimmick these days to start pulling in views and subscribers.
Yeah, it's kind of sad that Youtube has turned into this clickbaity platform. Anyway, your words really mean a lot to me and help me to continue grinding! Perhaps you have a channel as well I could check out?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Hi everyone!

Great footage!

Yeah, it's kind of sad that Youtube has turned into this clickbaity platform. Anyway, your words really mean a lot to me and help me to continue grinding! Perhaps you have a channel as well I could check out?

Not an active channel. I usually just park videos there without any real intent. Thanks for the offer. However, I do have some Alaska video I shot late into 2018 that could use a skilled and adept video / audio editor.

Not an active channel. I usually just park videos there without any real intent. Thanks for the offer. However, I do have some Alaska video I shot late into 2018 that could use a skilled and adept video / audio editor.
Alaska sounds great! Let me know if you make anything out of it

Good travel documentary stuff- perhaps add a narrative track explaining the scenes?
Yeah, definetely. Need to work on the storytelling aspect. Still pretty new to this vlogging stuff. Do you think a voice overlay would work, or perhaps it is better to just talk to the camera when at the different spots?

Yeah, definetely. Need to work on the storytelling aspect. Still pretty new to this vlogging stuff. Do you think a voice overlay would work, or perhaps it is better to just talk to the camera when at the different spots?

If done creatively, with the right voice, a voice overlay and ambient sounds work nicely - check out what some of the better travel sites do... I liked the variety of shots you used, you have a lot of interesting scenes to work with

If done creatively, with the right voice, a voice overlay and ambient sounds work nicely - check out what some of the better travel sites do... I liked the variety of shots you used, you have a lot of interesting scenes to work with
Thanks for the feedback. Stay tuned for the next vlog (München), to see how things improve [emoji120]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT