DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inspire crash into ocean. I'm clueless..

I'm not necessarily blaming them for the crash, I'm well aware where my faults lay. But I'm only pointing out that clearly there is quite a gap between what dji likes customers to think of their products (what they advertise) and what information they should be providing us with. Not much of the battery I found you guys have posted here are available on the manuals not even going to mention the promotional materials.. Lol.

I'm lead to believe I've purchased a solid equipment that won't allow such obvious failures to happen like going to fast on an older battery will get me into serious trouble. And when I get into the trouble I'm kindly asked to go **** myself by their tech agents....

How old was the unit ( inspire 1? ) when was the last firmware update ? How old was the battery ? How many spare batteries do you have ?

Thanks for your inputs guys. Im just surprised about no warnings and also being allowed to use unsafe battery and what so ever to fly it to the point it self destructs. The motor overloaded warning gas been on almost constantly for many pilots since latest update, and it even provides a solution by slowing down the quad to save point. But how am I than allowed to drain the battery to such critical level without those advertised as smart tools? That's what I'm surprised / pissed about. I shouldn't get trough this flight without even a tiny mention about unsafe battery?

I've been led to belive that as advertised as smart and safe, the system designed by same guys who chose battery and designed it's smart functions (that justify pricing more than 3x the price of similar lipos without the smart system) would safe me from driving the device into self destruct while using a flying mode designed by same smartasses.

Am I wrong to find this at least a bit stupit?

I thank God I was over water but not people or other folks possessions, so after this experience I find it more responsible to fly over water than over my town. It is actually done alot here since the regulations does not rule that out in my location.

For me it's just another case of Chinese business ethics. Advertising the product as smart, and safe to finish the process of selling the product, than it turns out that flying in one of three modes provided by the manufacturer it's not smarter than to not adjust things when they gets risky. No flying mode should allow such battery drainage if provided battery doesn't handle it. Not to mention that smart battery should for at very least warn it's user when it becomes unsafe to fly. And again.... Nothing that is smart woyld allow mode designed to function with that smart device to get to such critical point. Thats not smart, that's more on a retarded level of stupidity.

Do you know how I can reach those text files on ios?

I used to work for one of the biggest Dutch companies around and I can tell you they are not any better. Don't paint everyone with the same brush.

Reactions: Red_Raven
- post here since this is the forum I use. Please help me read into logs
That may be the case, but I would think you'd get much better Inspire-specific help at the InspirePilots forum.

I'm just a photographer, not an electrician. therefore I trust in smart products.

I'm a photographer, too. The way you have to look at it is the drone you're using is just another piece of camera equipment you have to learn how to use.

Reactions: Red_Raven
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_