DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

inspires in london fire inspection

Gary cato

Reactions
Watching the (terrible news) on the London tower block fire, interesting to see the fire fighters using inspires all day to try to check the buildings interiors and exterior for structural damage and SAR.

Yes very sad event. I live in Philadelphia and all the major Fire Stations are using Inspires

Yes very sad event. I live in Philadelphia and all the major Fire Stations are using Inspires

I am near the fire zone and control much of the transport system here on the west side of London which was chaotic at best last night.

First time here i can remember of ever seeing drones used by our services in this way, watching them fly it where the ladders could not reach checking in windows etc shows just how valuable this Tech is for the future of the rescue services.

The footage I saw of the inspire looked as if it was piloted by a COMPLETE NOVICE, have the brigade outsoursed to professionals, and if so what company. If not what training have they had.

My heart goes out to all who have been affected by this totaly avoidable tradigy.

Dont praise the fire brigade until we find out what they did after they arrived 6 minuits after the first call.

It would be more effective if they had deployed them immediately to carry escape ropes to those trapped.

I am fully aware how hazzardous and difficult this would have been... but surely better than just watching people burn alive.

It would be more effective if they had deployed them immediately to carry escape ropes to those trapped.

I am fully aware how hazzardous and difficult this would have been... but surely better than just watching people burn alive.
escape ropes? how would that work what would they be affixed too, this is not some James bond movie as for praising the firefighters wtf whatever they did they risked their lives to save others,

Don't blame the firefighters.
They did not start the fire. They did what they could with what they had and if my house was on fire i would be calling them before anyone.[

I am pretty certain not one of them stood around watching people die just because they wanted too.

YOU obviousely dont know anything about rescue.... and your one of theses people who blindly praise the authorities to excuse your ignorance. The Fire Brigade deemed that building safe despite 2 years of protests. Lets see what happens next instead of praising those who are paid very large amouts of money to do a job they clearly didnt do on this occation.

YOU obviousely dont know anything about rescue.... and your one of theses people who blindly praise the authorities to excuse your ignorance. The Fire Brigade deemed that building safe despite 2 years of protests. Lets see what happens next instead of praising those who are paid very large amouts of money to do a job they clearly didnt do on this occation.
obviously i don't know anything about rescue and nor do you either, As you happily assume fireman standing around watching people die and do nothing we have no more to say and if the moderators wish to ban for for saying you are a complete *** then let them but you are

edited to say i was involved in Sar and probably know more about ropes and anchors than you ever will i just dont go spouting crap about it. maybe come climb some mountains with me and lets see who knows about ropes and anchors on burning buildings

No fire risk assessments have been carried out on the building since it was refurbished and even then, it's likely the building would have complied with fire regulations - those regulations or lack of are where the problem lies, not with the fire brigade and those lack of regulations are due to repeated Conservative governments favouring deregulation. It's claimed at the moment residents didn't want the disruption from fitting a sprinkler system during the refurbishment but regardless of whether that's true or not, it shouldn't be an option on a building like this.

I'd be curious to know which current fire services are using drones to carry escape ropes since it was such an obvious omission in this case. I'm not one to blindly praise people but those firefighters are very much deserving of praise, one of my good friends is a firefighter (although nothing to do with this fire) and it's a much tougher job than I appreciated. Reading some of the harrowing accounts of the firefighters involved in this fire from writing their names on their helmets to identify them if they died in the fire, the horrific scenes as they fought the fire to collapsing outside from physical exhaustion it makes you appreciate how difficult it was and that's something that many of them may never get over. The challenge they were against was impossible particularly the lack of even an external sprinkler system to cater to areas where the fire equipment couldn't reach.

To casually dismiss all that and call them incompetent because they didn't use some bizarre escape rope carrying drones is just shockingly ignorant.

John

No fire risk assessments have been carried out on the building since it was refurbished and even then, it's likely the building would have complied with fire regulations - those regulations or lack of are where the problem lies, not with the fire brigade and those lack of regulations are due to repeated Conservative governments favouring deregulation. It's claimed at the moment residents didn't want the disruption from fitting a sprinkler system during the refurbishment but regardless of whether that's true or not, it shouldn't be an option on a building like this.

I'd be curious to know which current fire services are using drones to carry escape ropes since it was such an obvious omission in this case. I'm not one to blindly praise people but those firefighters are very much deserving of praise, one of my good friends is a firefighter (although nothing to do with this fire) and it's a much tougher job than I appreciated. Reading some of the harrowing accounts of the firefighters involved in this fire from writing their names on their helmets to identify them if they died in the fire, the horrific scenes as they fought the fire to collapsing outside from physical exhaustion it makes you appreciate how difficult it was and that's something that many of them may never get over. The challenge they were against was impossible particularly the lack of even an external sprinkler system to cater to areas where the fire equipment couldn't reach.

To casually dismiss all that and call them incompetent because they didn't use some bizarre escape rope carrying drones is just shockingly ignorant.

John
They rescued my colleague he was stuck on the 17th floor, he would be dead without them. Now my colleague is recovering. They did all they could given the situation and yes shocking is not the words i want to use.

Reactions: scooot and Johnmcl7
Escape ropes? You expect untrained, inexperienced, highly stressed civilians to appropriately anchor a rope and somehow get down it?

Not to mention the drone would probably only be able to pull a leader rope anyway...

Reactions: JamieK
Escape ropes? You expect untrained, inexperienced, highly stressed civilians to appropriately anchor a rope and somehow get down it?

Not to mention the drone would probably only be able to pull a leader rope anyway...

My neighbor right next door was in the first wave of Fireman there. that is why the other guys comments are ridiculous, the story this guy told me about the first moments at the scene and the subsequent events is harrowing enough really, as well as a colleague being trapped.

Also the speed with which he tells me it went up, any drone or rope would have been worthless in any case.

My original thread was to commend how they utilised drones, bad flying or not and we only saw 30 secs of it flying.

imagine what the operator was facing on the ground with all the chaos and instructions being hollered at him not surprising he was floating around a little.

Mt neighbor is there now on his day off still trying to help, one thing i know about this man is he would never ever stand by idly if he could do something.

obviously i don't know anything about rescue and nor do you either, As you happily assume fireman standing around watching people die and do nothing we have no more to say and if the moderators wish to ban for for saying you are a complete *** then let them but you are

edited to say i was involved in Sar and probably know more about ropes and anchors than you ever will i just dont go spouting crap about it. maybe come climb some mountains with me and lets see who knows about ropes and anchors on burning buildings
Inquiry highlighted major failings of fire services as it starts.

YOU ******* DONKEY-SHEEP.

Get a book and read about people who are right.... its the best thing you could do.

DONKEY

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe