DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent flight modes

Buddy I’m still on a “learners permit” so I’m always asking questions. Some of the manuals are not very clear and it’s sure helpful for someone to lend assistance, especially when the cost of the product is a bit high. This might help? PS: Italia love that place!
Q.E.D. as my old school teacher would have said. That is a nice house you have there.

Buddy I’m still on a “learners permit” so I’m always asking questions. Some of the manuals are not very clear and it’s sure helpful for someone to lend assistance, especially when the cost of the product is a bit high. This might help? PS: Italia love that place!

Thank you VietVet, that video is very nice and will surely be helpful to many people in this forum.
Actually my original post wasn't motivated by not knowing the modes (that I normally use with my Phantom and Spark), but more by the contraddiction between manual pages 23 and following (it's the list of intelligent flight modes for the Mavic2) and what is in page 67 (list of messages on the controller, it lists also terrain, course lock... that aren't in pages 23+).
That's why the suggestion to "read the manual" upset me, I had already read it so carefully that I found errors (and there are many more that that listed above)!
My M2Z should be delivered Next Tuesday, so just a couple days more and I'll cross check myself.
BTW where is the area you shot that video? Looks very nice.

Thank you VietVet, that video is very nice and will surely be helpful to many people in this forum.
Actually my original post wasn't motivated by not knowing the modes (that I normally use with my Phantom and Spark), but more by the contraddiction between manual pages 23 and following (it's the list of intelligent flight modes for the Mavic2) and what is in page 67 (list of messages on the controller, it lists also terrain, course lock... that aren't in pages 23+).
That's why the suggestion to "read the manual" upset me, I had already read it so carefully that I found errors (and there are many more that that listed above)!
My M2Z should be delivered Next Tuesday, so just a couple days more and I'll cross check myself.
BTW where is the area you shot that video? Looks very nice.
Niky-That’s not my production, wish it was. I just got my Mv2Z and as I said I’m on my “learners permit”. I want to know as much as possible about it before I launch. I usually fly fixed wing RC. Many manuals from the east are sometimes difficult to understand. You will usually find the answers to your questions on forums like this. The answers will come from the best flyers who are eager to help those trying to enjoy the hobby. No question in my opinion can’t be asked and answered to many times. Was it you who hailed from Italia?

Wow, nice to know. Are you just travelling or do you live there? I have been in Florida for a few days, less than my staying in Arizona and Georgia, but it's definitely the place I liked better...
Ho scritto in inglese per non tagliare fuori gli altri del forum...[emoji846]

BTW I received yesterday my M2 Zoom!
Activated and updated today and flown a couple batteries. Definitely a wonderful bird. Tomorrow I'll try to cut some time out of business tasks and travel to a lake nearby for some long range testing.
Unfortunately DJI is late in shipping my Fly More, so I only have two batteries for the moment...

Wow, nice to know. Are you just travelling or do you live there? I have been in Florida for a few days, less than my staying in Arizona and Georgia, but it's definitely the place I liked better...
Ho scritto in inglese per non tagliare fuori gli altri del forum...[emoji846]
6 months there/ 6 months up north. Where in . Just talking about our last visit there recently. When things quiet down in EU would like to return.

I didn't want to start a new discussion on intelligent flight mode so i follow up on that one
My question is the following.
I was flying my MP2 this weekend and used / tried a few modes such as boomerang and so on:

during the boomerang flight i had to stop last minute my drone cause it flew full speed in the direction of a tree.

i did not want to try the Side sensors which seemed to be activated... but should the drone stop if he sees it?

I tried it with the "active tracking" and giving him a spin against a tree , it stopped. but the speed was 3/4 the speed of the Boomerang flight mode.

Somebody has more information on that?
Thank you!

Last edited:
You could try reading the manual?
Would that be the latest 1.8 User Guide that only shows the Sub Modes for Active Track and Timelapse (they call it hyperlapse but the main function ICON says Timelapse) but NONE of the other Flight Modes sub modes? Or how about the detailed explanation for using the Task Library. And how about the the Examples they give!
FYI: From the PDF:
Task Library
Use the Task Library to easily record flight paths, which can be repeated later.
That they mentioned the Task Library must have been a screw up.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev