DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting observation...

Ed Windham = DJI. Tahoe Ed works for DJI USA and is a well known person in many forums. (example RCgroups)

edit. DefaultIT beat me to it.

Reactions: Dronebow
Also everyone please be aware that just because he works for DJI does not mean he handles or manages production, OR your pre-orders. I can just see the poor guys inbox getting blown up right now with everyone who wants their new toy yesterday.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Also everyone please be aware that just because he works for DJI does not mean he handles or manages production, OR your pre-orders. I can just see the poor guys inbox getting blown up right now with everyone who wants their new toy yesterday.
LOL.. I bet you are right. Hopefully that doesn't happen since we are all mature adults on this forum... o_O

But we do very much appreciate the input on this very anticipated Mavic... I was pretty excited about the P3.. I'm doubly excited about this one...

Man, that's seriously rude. Let's hear your music. And to pick on someone's accent? Somebody's enjoying being on the Internet.
I love the guy at iPhonedo. Very entertaining and good review. Didn't care for the selfie guitar video but did enjoy the beach scenes and the crisp video from the Mavic. I kind of figured Quest was just jealous.. ;-)

Reactions: dennya
The guy's song sucks and he sounds like Borat. DJI gives these clowns drones for free and treats customers who pay for their drones with contempt. Sad.
Actually he sounds like "Gru" from Despicable Me. Personally I think he and his accent are great. I also found his reviews helpful and appreciate his sense of humor.

Actually he sounds like "Gru" from Despicable Me. Personally I think he and his accent are great. I also found his reviews helpful and appreciate his sense of humor.
Ha!! That's perfect. He does sound like Gru. When I watched his first review of the Mavic I instantly subscribed to his feed. I enjoy his sense of humor and his review. I also enjoy iJustine's videos and we can just leave it at that... ;)

Ha!! That's perfect. He does sound like Gru. When I watched his first review of the Mavic I instantly subscribed to his feed. I enjoy his sense of humor and his review. I also enjoy iJustine's videos and we can just leave it at that... ;)

I subscribed to iJustine as well. I like iphonedo for his sense of humor and I like iJustine for her... OK, we'll just leave it at that...;)

Reactions: Juan
I just watched the iphonedo video that he posted today. He explains at the end that the footage was recorded over 3 days. Then I'm sure it took some time to edit the footage. He posted it today, but that's not flying the Mavic today. It does seem ironic that the previously mentioned YouTube celebs posted recent footage using the P4 instead of the Mavic.

I have an anemometer that I carry with me when I fly. That way I know what the wind is doing. They are not expensive.

I have one also and use it whenever the winds pick up. We just need to be aware that wind measured at ground level is not always the same as wind at elevated levels or at the height that our drones fly.

It's all starting to get a bit silly for mine..
I have pre ordered, but to see DJI's latest 'update' on the Mavic, did absolutely nothing to gain any sort of confidence that I will be receiving it any time soon.
I am never one to pre order anything, this being my first experience and I am now starting to understand why I never have.
It is a lot of money to invest into an item, to now not even know a close date in which it is shipping.
Having pre ordered from a retailer, makes me feel like I am being hung out to dry even a bit more (There is absolutely no point in me contacting DJI - looks as though there is a pretty common response, so maybe I am not missing out on too much.)
My retailer knows basically nothing, and I had originally purchased it as it was 'Shipping 15th October'

Having also sold my P3 in anticipation for the Mavic also makes it a little harder for me - my own choice, however it was based on the mid October ship.
Hopefully everybody's will turn up in due course, and be well worth the wait - fingers crossed!

EDIT: Have just spoken to the retailer which I have pre ordered from. He is saying that DJI have paused production due to firmware issues (fly aways,) interesting if this is true..

Last edited:
Hi all,

This is what I see.

Karma is announced.
Mavic is announced shortly after.
There is no support for android phones until the proposed release date.

I preordered anyway due to owning a couple of dji products.

Information from my chosen supplier,

" Unfortunately, as some predicted, DJI have delayed the Mavic production globally. There are some release notes below. Obviously this is disappointing for all of us. We are actively trying to get detailed information from DJI regarding the delay, but we believe there were technical issues with firmware in the production models which had to be fixed prior to bulk production being released on 15th October.

If you are receiving this email, you are in our top 100 for delivery of the first shipment when it arrives"

My educated guess is that they rushed the release because of Karma. Using the android software timing and issues I would say the software is being problematic.

The Mavic-compatible Go App for Android was released last week.

Hi all,

This is what I see.

Karma is announced.
Mavic is announced shortly after.
There is no support for android phones until the proposed release date.

I preordered anyway due to owning a couple of dji products.

Information from my chosen supplier,

" Unfortunately, as some predicted, DJI have delayed the Mavic production globally. There are some release notes below. Obviously this is disappointing for all of us. We are actively trying to get detailed information from DJI regarding the delay, but we believe there were technical issues with firmware in the production models which had to be fixed prior to bulk production being released on 15th October.

If you are receiving this email, you are in our top 100 for delivery of the first shipment when it arrives"

My educated guess is that they rushed the release because of Karma. Using the android software timing and issues I would say the software is being problematic.

Dirty Bird, you are absolutely correct. :)

The day before the proposed release date of the 15th of October if my sleep deprived brain has got the exact days right.

Plenty of time to ensure the software is working correctly. :rolleyes:

iPhonedo is still using his. This was just posted about an hour ago.

Do I see color shifts in the corners? Look at shots of the sky and other even colored surfaces. Looks like a magenta cast on the left 1/3 of the frame. Maybe even some on the right.

The guy's song sucks and he sounds like Borat. DJI gives these clowns drones for free and treats customers who pay for their drones with contempt. Sad.
I dont mock people with accents especially when english is their second language. Do you speak a second language?

Reactions: edoginasia
It's all starting to get a bit silly for mine..
I have pre ordered, but to see DJI's latest 'update' on the Mavic, did absolutely nothing to gain any sort of confidence that I will be receiving it any time soon.
I am never one to pre order anything, this being my first experience and I am now starting to understand why I never have.
It is a lot of money to invest into an item, to now not even know a close date in which it is shipping.
Having pre ordered from a retailer, makes me feel like I am being hung out to dry even a bit more (There is absolutely no point in me contacting DJI - looks as though there is a pretty common response, so maybe I am not missing out on too much.)
My retailer knows basically nothing, and I had originally purchased it as it was 'Shipping 15th October'

Having also sold my P3 in anticipation for the Mavic also makes it a little harder for me - my own choice, however it was based on the mid October ship.
Hopefully everybody's will turn up in due course, and be well worth the wait - fingers crossed!

EDIT: Have just spoken to the retailer which I have pre ordered from. He is saying that DJI have paused production due to firmware issues (fly aways,) interesting if this is true..
I dont think it's a flyaway. I think it's descend away and lose reception issue. If the compass skitz out, atti mode is enabled by default. This happens in the p3 and p4s when flying near magnetically influenced places or when the compass is faulty. Its been programmed in the mavic to use vps and descend to 10m when in atti mode. The mavic will not ascend unless gps mode is back on or if sports mode i activated to disable vps. What if caseys compass went skitz from buildings and the mavic switched to atti and descended behind some buildings to the point where casey lost control connection. It cant rth as its still in Atti mode. What if caseys just hovered above the water until.the battery died.

According to my dealer, the problem is that all of the YouTube reviewer drones flew away and joined into a sentient swarm. They're currently using the jetstream to fly to the DJI factory in China, where they will release their brethren and form an enormous, yet highly portable, squadron to destroy the meatbag creators and unleash a Mavic-led, machine-ruling future.

The good news is that those customers who preordered in the first two hours will be spared destruction and kept alive to run the DJI factory and continue the birth of our cybernetic, quadcopter-based machine master species.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky