DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting Video from Drone U: How to "legally" not comply with RID

I'm seconding what @pilotinstitute said above.

And this is just one example of why I had to walk away from the ownership group of Drone U in January of 2020. And they still owe me almost $15,000.

I do not recommend anyone listen to Drone U when they start talking about regulatory issues. Paul does not know what he's talking about.
Clearly. Bozos like this will get people in trouble.

Reactions: Torque
I've often wondered what if you have a hacked dji drone? Will it keep working? Who's going to catch you if you do? It isn't like there's a lot of cops that really know the rules or are looking for drones flying around. The average citizen doesn't even know what RID is to even report someone? I've never heard anyone address these questions.

I came across this video the other day and wanted to see what people thought about the advice being given here.

8 minutes of word cabbage repeating the beating of the dead horse with repeats of all the current jabber, with 10 seconds of how to deal with it.
I'll save you some time, turn off gps on your controler

8 minutes of word cabbage repeating the beating of the dead horse with repeats of all the current jabber, with 10 seconds of how to deal with it.
I'll save you some time, turn off gps on your controler
I agree with your assessment of the video.

But I'd like to remind folks that turning off GPS (for those few controllers that allow that) would put you in violation of the RID rules after 9.15.23.

And if it's a standard RID drone, that's not even possible.

BTW, when the FAA says the video is wrong and will get people in trouble, and you don't listen and leave it up, and you're a TRUST provider, this happens...

DroneuNoMO.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki