DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting video on sharpness

I have done a lot of research into style settings and concluded everyone uses different settings. This guy seems to know what he's taking about and has good evidence to back up his views. Will definitely be giving it a try.

He suggests dulling down the artefacts with noise reduction such as neat image, this does work OK but greatly increases rendering time.
I think sharpness on zero is generally OK and use slight gaussian blur if artefacts are intrusive in some scenes.

Reactions: SkySquinter
Ok guys, need a little help. My English isn't very good in specific subject like post processing.

Can you explain for me like I'm an idiot what he was saying the fix is.

Set sharpening to +1 in camera right? and do what in post?

Ok guys, need a little help. My English isn't very good in specific subject like post processing.

Can you explain for me like I'm an idiot what he was saying the fix is.

Set sharpening to +1 in camera right? and do what in post?

He recommends doing any noise reduction in post. He specifically uses Neat Video which is a plug-in for doing noise reduction (and works really well I might add).

Multiple editors including Premiere, FCP, Sony Vegas etc. I'm not sure if they have a stand alone version.

Reactions: Red_Raven
I followed the common recommendation to reduce sharpening to -1 or -2 in order to reduce in camera over sharpehing that leaves no room in post production. In scenes where is much details I got this compressed like in the video below. This "discovery" how to avoid that really saved my day.

Reactions: SkySquinter
My lord that video looks crystal clear! Sharp as a pin good work!!

Had Mavis the Mavic out at the beach today. Even the in phone footage looks super sharp can't wait to edit ;)

I followed the common recommendation to reduce sharpening to -1 or -2 in order to reduce in camera over sharpehing that leaves no room in post production. In scenes where is much details I got this compressed like in the video below. This "discovery" how to avoid that really saved my day.

Great video man, nicely shot [emoji1360]

Not sure this is by a Mavic. Bit to sharp and clear. But the sounds are of the water but Mavic does not record sound.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78