DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

International Transaction Fee - DJI direct

AirBurstMode

Reactions
On 1/7/17, I ordered thru DJI direct for $1299.00 and the funds were taken from my account. I received order confirmation on 1/8 but a few days after that, the funds were returned to my account. On 1/18, my order shipped (with tracking info).

I checked my bank account today and saw that not only has the $1299.00 finally been taken but there is also a $38.97 charge from DJI and the description only says 'International Transaction Fee'.

Did a quick search here but nothing came up. I wasn't aware of any additional charges aside from the 1299.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm in the US and have bought from DJI direct a number of times. It has always been clean (no tax, no shipping, no extra fees). That's using a US Visa card (a couple of different ones over the years).

Reactions: Mrbobbyray
Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like the fees get applied when international transactions are done with a debit card, as opposed to credit. I try to avoid paying interest on things when I have the cash but I guess in this case it all worked out to be the same thing. Lesson learned and on the bright side, my MP is just days away.

That's interesting. I would think that a charge in USD would never cause a fee on a US card, debit or credit but it's an international transaction fee not a currency conversion fee, so they've found another way to charge for something that should be free. Enjoy the Mavic!

I had this also, mine was $44 AUD foreign transaction fee. I knew it was coming, thanks Westpac. It still allowed my Mavic to cost $1350 AUD, rather than the $1699 AUD being charged in Australia.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan