DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Internet Controlled drone

Robuk

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots. Im a sucessful investor / speculator and have been experimenting with various drones / technology over the years. I have sucessfully modified a drone that can be controlled from a PC over the internet. I'm currently in talks with various manufacturers / software engineers and hope to bring a product to the market in the very near future. I would like to gauge opinion and ask if this feature on a drone that can stay airborne for 30 minutes be acceptable? There will also be some on going costs as my system uses alit of mobile data. The price point we are aiming at is 999USD.

Reactions: Dronix
30 minutes will not be competitive. I wish to fly drone with unlimited coverage with at least one hour flight duration.

Hello fellow pilots. Im a sucessful investor / speculator and have been experimenting with various drones / technology over the years. I have sucessfully modified a drone that can be controlled from a PC over the internet. I'm currently in talks with various manufacturers / software engineers and hope to bring a product to the market in the very near future. I would like to gauge opinion and ask if this feature on a drone that can stay airborne for 30 minutes be acceptable? There will also be some on going costs as my system uses alit of mobile data. The price point we are aiming at is 999USD.
You can currently do this with air Droid. You could control it if you use the onscreen buttons but that isn't what it is made for. I just did it to see if I could.

Reefguy100 has exactly the right point; visual line of sight is a must, unless you’ve received a (rare) waiver from the FAA. Organizations that have these waivers include pipeline companies and railroads, and they already have their control systems in place (usually over some existing SCADA system). You’re not going to be able to sell this idea to amateurs, and the professionals who might “need” it already have their systems in place. Dump this idea and save your investment dollars for companies that really deserve it, like Skydio.

Reactions: useitorloseit
Drones are already controlled by a PC, we call them remote controls. They are smaller and more pleasant to use than a laptop or desktop PC. You could say they are designed specifically for the purpose of flying a drone.

As far as flying a drone from somewhere other than where the drone is has also been done. The military does it all the time. Not much need for that in the hobby community. A lot of the guys here are the orange vest wearing, cones set up around the landing pad, look at me, type pilots. What fun would this new idea be for them?

Reactions: Mavman
This is of little to no interest to consumers, for professional applications there is but then there are already several solutions there.

Yep I was doing this with my old DJI naza and their uplink 5 years ago.
Also been using wifi modems etc to relay video back to ground station, before the days of decent video tx/Rx

Don’t give up thinking though. This is a new industry that is growing and changing on an almost daily basis. You might come up with something that may be the next best thing. Innovation is what we are all about (some of us at least)

Last edited:
Hello people, as far as I know, you can take a free demo of FlytCloud. It seems quite promising for the same discussion. I recently sent them the request and if I find it a great fit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661