DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Air 2 Mount

I looked at that one for an iPad Pro but decided against it when I realized it would cover the screen on the remote. Being new to Mavic I wanted to see if screen as well as the screen on my iPad. I'm still looking for one that doesn't cover the screen

Reactions: Mavic Dude
The Mavmount looks like overkill. I am very please with the Skytreat aluminum mount and iPad Air 2. Sure, I have to tip the rig toward me a bit to see over the iPad, but no big deal. All the info needed is on the Go 4 app or Litchi screen. Life is good with the larger screen. The small iPhone screen was not good for my "experienced: eyes. The Skytreat is available on Amazon and elsewhere and is generally highly rated by other users. And it is suprisingly light and compact. It folds to a nearly flat package.

Hi All,

I ordered a iPad Air 2 yesterday and am looking to purchase a mount for the controller.

Please comment about the below or make recommendations...

2"-11" Black MavMount XL MAVIC iPad AIR large tablet adapter mount | MavMount

Thank you as always!

Is the mounting of your iPad blocking the remote controller screen? Not a good idea for me but I think you can adjust from it. Also be sure that you are comfortable controlling the sticks in the remote, preferably perpendicular to your body for accuracy purposes.

The Mavmount works great. It keeps your controller nice and balanced. It doesn't force the weight too high or too far forward like putting it in the device holder. I've tried some other holders and they shift the balance making long flights a bit uncomfortable.

Also a nice thing about the Mavmount if you move up to an IPad Pro 9.7 the Mavmount will still work. No need to buy another mount...

Last edited:
Of course there are a ton of mounts to choose from. I believe the Mav Mount is the "go-to" ... of course that is just my opinion. Without going into detail, I can honestly say that they give excellent customer service and have built a great product. I fly with and IPad Air2. I use the Mav Mount along with and aftermarket piece that was Suggested earlier on in this forum. The secondary piece is called the "quad-lock". Together they are ROCK SOLID! Again, just opinion but I think I would tend to steer clear of any Of the 3D pieces and plastic holders. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Reactions: Aerial West
I agree I purchased the MavMount its really nice and made from good material. A lot of people dont like it cause it covers the controller screen but who needs it when u have all the info in front of you on the tablet or phone. I got my Mav 3 weeks ago and purchased the MavMount directly after that and seems to be doing wonderful

I also use the MavMount with my iPad 9.7 Pro. I was a bit concerned about it covering the RC screen, but frankly it was absolutely no concern. The balance is perfect, it is really comfortable, and for the few times I want to look at the RC screen I need only tip it towards me a bit. The MavMount also securely attaches to my shoulder bag handle, making it very portable. All I need s my bag when I go fly, including 5 batteries!

Mavmount works perfectly for iPad Air2. You don't have any need to see the remote screen and if you do just tip it back and you can see it.
6b40eccc57d659de4c469f152ca671a6.jpg
c805edbe03c76f1e20ffe80e6e668f35.jpg
210c6ae1da083e7e5eba6a57050398ee.jpg
8af135ec36834377d90dc8b56a4af194.jpg
eba49292184b45d28e2edb830f6515c3.jpg

Quick question about using your IPad Air2 . I find the battery life on my iPhone 6 drains rather quickly. Along with my old eyes and requiring readers I think I would do best using my iPad air2 visually. Should I expect longer battery life with the iPad air2 ? Also do you require a cable extension ?

Last edited:
Don't have an iPhone to compare battery life, but I can tell you it has great battery life. Much better than any android devices I've tried. The best thing I've noticed about the iPad air 2 is the usability outdoors in sunlight. So much better than my iPad mini lte. Also, I use a micro USB to lightning cable and attach it to the side port on the magic controller. Attaching a regular lightning cable under the mavic remote always seemed to get in the way of my hands. YMMV, but that's my experience.

Reactions: Zoso
Don't have an iPhone to compare battery life, but I can tell you it has great battery life. Much better than any android devices I've tried. The best thing I've noticed about the iPad air 2 is the usability outdoors in sunlight. So much better than my iPad mini lte. Also, I use a micro USB to lightning cable and attach it to the side port on the magic controller. Attaching a regular lightning cable under the mavic remote always seemed to get in the way of my hands. YMMV, but that's my experience.

Thanks for the reply

I just received my new mounts for my iPad air and love it! Its just a cheapie that has been 3d printed, but they fit absolutely perfectly, the part that slides into the phone mounts locks in tight and the section the ipad slides into grips the ipad tightly. After putting it together can dangle it by the controller or ipad and throw it around and nothing moves, steady as a rock. can slide the ipad up over the controller screen or down below the controller screen. Fits beautifully.

This was the ebay pics, I haven't take any pics of mine yet but exactly the same. I also have largish hands and I fit in there fine. The neck strap is a godsend too, I need to be able to hand launch and the ability to hold the Mavic and slide the takeoff control over will be great! Will be testing when camping this weekend :)

Click here for eBay Link if anyone interested

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And I did this and shook it all about and nothing moves.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: biardy
I just received my new mounts for my iPad air and love it! Its just a cheapie that has been 3d printed, but they fit absolutely perfectly, the part that slides into the phone mounts locks in tight and the section the ipad slides into grips the ipad tightly. After putting it together can dangle it by the controller or ipad and throw it around and nothing moves, steady as a rock. can slide the ipad up over the controller screen or down below the controller screen. Fits beautifully.

This was the ebay pics, I haven't take any pics of mine yet but exactly the same. I also have largish hands and I fit in there fine. The neck strap is a godsend too, I need to be able to hand launch and the ability to hold the Mavic and slide the takeoff control over will be great! Will be testing when camping this weekend :)

Click here for eBay Link if anyone interested

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And I did this and shook it all about and nothing moves.
s-l1600.jpg

Very nice looking . Not sure how a sunshade visor could work with it ? I find that sunshade is a must with the iPhone / Pad. Are these available on Amazon ?

Not sure. Only spotted them a few weeks ago on some obscure Chinese site and now they are eBay so will prob be on Amazon before too long. I plan on making up a clip on or Velcro on shade soon though. First use will be tomorrow so will see how it goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23