DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad hdmi adaptor

dcb942

Reactions
Can you use the official apple adapter and output to hdmi while controlling the Mavic? It has both a hdmi output and lightning port, but wasn't sure that they could be used simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

No.

Can you use the official apple adapter and output to hdmi while controlling the Mavic? It has both a hdmi output and lightning port, but wasn't sure that they could be used simultaneously.

No.

You can AirPlay your iPad's screen to an Apple TV while using the app.

No.

You can AirPlay your iPad's screen to an Apple TV while using the app.

Didn't think of that. I believe there is a way to airplay to another iPad or mac as well. This is just what I needed. Thanks.

Didn't think of that. I believe there is a way to airplay to another iPad or mac as well. This is just what I needed. Thanks.

You can airplay to a Mac or Windows PC using a variety of programs available from 3rd parties. I can't tell you which is best, but I seem to recall "Reflector" and "AirServer" as being well known.

There aren't any good solutions to AirPlay to another iPad or iPhone. There is an App you can side load, or there are some jailbreak techniques, but they all seem sketchy.

Then there is this:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DLFQYC8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered a couple. In theory we should be able to stick these into the HDMI port of any monitor/TV and airplay straight to it. So you could bring a high brightness 7 or 8 inch monitor out in the field with you, stick this in the HDMI port, and airplay to that. That's what I'm going to test.

You can airplay to a Mac or Windows PC using a variety of programs available from 3rd parties. I can't tell you which is best, but I seem to recall "Reflector" and "AirServer" as being well known.

There aren't any good solutions to AirPlay to another iPad or iPhone. There is an App you can side load, or there are some jailbreak techniques, but they all seem sketchy.

Then there is this:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DLFQYC8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered a couple. In theory we should be able to stick these into the HDMI port of any monitor/TV and airplay straight to it. So you could bring a high brightness 7 or 8 inch monitor out in the field with you, stick this in the HDMI port, and airplay to that. That's what I'm going to test.

Save your money that device does not work for streaming content. Read the one star reviews and they all say that its fine for either stationery pictures or very low res moving images but at any HD type resolution the picture breaks up.

Save your money that device does not work for streaming content. Read the one star reviews and they all say that its fine for either stationery pictures or very low res moving images but at any HD type resolution the picture breaks up.
Well it's cheap and already on the way. We'll see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya