DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 3?

tbate54

Reactions
Hi guys! I hear a lot of people talk about iPad Mini 2s and 4s being used with the Mavic, but does anyone use the mini 3? Does it work ok or is the 2 or 4 better for some reason that I'm unaware of? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920I using MavicPilots mobile app

The iPad Mini 3 has the same processor as the iPad Mini 2, so it'll work equally as well as an iPad Mini 2.

Reactions: tbate54
I use a mini 3. Works perfect for me so far. It just does squeeze into the rc device brackets. I use a short cord I got from Drone Valley website, to connect the mini 3 to the bottom USB port on the remote . Works like a charm.

Sent from the "Back 40"

No one talks about the mini 3 because its pointless. The only upgrade it has over the mini 2 is a finger print scanner. If you can get a mini 3 for a better price than a mini 2 then sure, but mostly the mini 3 is just a more expensive mini 2. I would try to get a good deal on a mini 4 though. The mini 4 has a bunch of upgrades over the 2/3. I was able to get a "refurbished" mini 4 from amazon for $210 last week, it was basically brand new.

No one talks about the mini 3 because its pointless. The only upgrade it has over the mini 2 is a finger print scanner. If you can get a mini 3 for a better price than a mini 2 then sure, but mostly the mini 3 is just a more expensive mini 2. I would try to get a good deal on a mini 4 though. The mini 4 has a bunch of upgrades over the 2/3. I was able to get a "refurbished" mini 4 from amazon for $210 last week, it was basically brand new.

It's not pointless to me. I've had mine for a few years. It's long since paid for and it's working great for flying my Mavic! You paid $200+ for yours. [emoji51]

Go with the IPAD mini 4 it is worth the extra money. If you will be using Litchi you will notice a big difference.

When you fly with an iPad mini 2-3 or 4 , Do you use one with cellular or without? I have read where the cellular version has GPS so its easier to use because you can do real time mapping?

I only ask because I'm waiting on my Mavic to get here and want to have a good setup when it gets time to fly.

Also looking to get recommendations on what works best and why ?

When you fly with an iPad mini 2-3 or 4 , Do you use one with cellular or without? I
have read where the cellular version has GPS so its easier to use because you can do real time mapping?
If you don't have the cellular version, you could tether your device to a phone that has cell service. Or cache the maps in a location where you have an Internet connection before you head out to fly.

looking to get recommendations on what works best and why ?
You can find the best devices to use with DJI GO here.

So how many GB is reqd on Mini 4 with cellular ...i see everything from 16gb to 128 gb...i will mostly be using with Mavic Pro
do i need cell service or just cellular so i have gps thanks

So how many GB is reqd on Mini 4 with cellular
16GB would be plenty if you're only going to use your iPad Mini 4 to fly your Mavic.

do i need cell service
You do not need cell service to fly.

or just cellular so i have gps
The cellular models have a GPS receiver. You'll only need GPS on your mobile device if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Thanks for info on mini 4 ,i am looking at the list i found

Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

Are any of the Samsung tablets worth considering as there are many...TAB E...TAB A...but don't know about
them having gps or dependabilty with DJI app ?? I am probably one of the few but when i had an iphone a couple
of years ago i didn't like it and went to a samsung android and much happier with it...

Are any of the Samsung tablets worth considering as there are many
The Google Nexus 7 (2013) is still a nice choice and can probably be found for a good price if you buy one that's used. As for the other devices listed there, you'll probably have the best experience if you choose a newer device that has better specs (those with the CPU/RAM listed in bold). While all devices listed are still known to work with DJI GO, you might have to spend some time tweaking the settings, making sure all apps are closed, etc. if you go with a slower device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman