DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad mini 4 and google maps

thanks

Hi

Will an ipad mini 4 should google maps? or here maps? if here maps how do I get google maps on it?

Thanks

If you don't mind my asking how are getting on with the I pad for flying? I've only just purchased the Mavic Pro, don't plan on flying it until I've got a dedicated pad or phone for it which I'm inclined to hook up to a cell network. For a complete newbie to this I just think it best to start off so?

If you don't mind my asking how are getting on with the I pad for flying? I've only just purchased the Mavic Pro, don't plan on flying it until I've got a dedicated pad or phone for it which I'm inclined to hook up to a cell network. For a complete newbie to this I just think it best to start off so?

its been working great!!! NO issues no app crashing!! I did get the cellular one It was only like 15 per month more on my cell plan for data! if I am at home I use my wifi BUT I only use the 5ghz band! cause I don't want the 2.4ghz possibly causing problems with the mavic cause that is what the mavic uses for freqs. I figure just get an apple right off the bat to avoid problems!! I am so glad I did!!

its been working great!!! NO issues no app crashing!! I did get the cellular one It was only like 15 per month more on my cell plan for data! if I am at home I use my wifi BUT I only use the 5ghz band! cause I don't want the 2.4ghz possibly causing problems with the mavic cause that is what the mavic uses for freqs. I figure just get an apple right off the bat to avoid problems!! I am so glad I did!!

Thanks - That's made my mind up for me. Leads to another question though - there's what? 128G storage is I think the most expensive, very pricey. I've barely started to look into them so I'm not too familiar with them yet - just got the Mavic today so I'm a bit distracted with that at present. Is there a recommendation as to what to look or go for - noticed some are Wi-Fi only, there no good, I have worked that out, or at least I think I have. Thanks.

Well as for storage I went with the 126G cause I wanted to make sure I have enough room for other apps too ( ipad don't have a Sd card slot like android does ) so if you can afford it go with that if not then the 64G one should be fine to. the 16G would work too if you don't plan on using it for others things but flying like Netflix, etc

as for WIfi verison that don't have the GPS module in it...so if you are going to use the other modes ( active track, etc) they wont work. but you can get the cellular version and use it on the wifi without having to buy cellular data! as I said before the data plan for me was like 15 per month thats cheapest they had for my cell plan ( I don't use the cellular for anything else but maps. so I don't need a plan that has a lot of data)

one thing to note is that ipad mini 4 don't have hdmi output which is not a big deal unless you want to hook it up to a tv for others to watch as you fly or fpv goggles like fatsharks! but there is a work around for that which requires you to buy a screen mirroring adapter just a fyi!

Dji goggles don't need hdmi output to work! just to let you know that

I think I cover everything :) if not I am sure others will post too :)

OK Thanks . . . Yeah, had read that the mini ipad didn't have an SD card slot which makes the most expensive one the most desirable but before you know where you are, one ends up spending over a thousand on the drone, another couple hundred on accessories, then I've just returned from one holiday to book another to Norway and before I know where I am I'm pouring money out beyond what I planned. I like spending money - but I also like to maintain a very, very healthy bank balance. Money for a rainy day - or month I suppose.

Regards the drone - or in my case Mavic Pro Combo I bought mine at a decent price for the UK from one of our best retailers who automatically guarantee it for two years - expensive electrical products I tend to buy from them ( John Lewis) because they are very, very good. We had a TV and a kettle fail on us before the two year warranty ran out and they just replaced them both without question. I didn't expect them to sell the Mavic - I mean, they're an upmarket department store with a big online presence but when I saw they did sell it more or less matching the lowest price I could find, that was it - they were getting the order because they will; they'll guarantee it for two years. So, when it comes to the Tablet - I'm highly inclined to go with them. So far, I've bought everything cash, but the solution might be to buy the best or maybe the second best ipad largely on credit.

Anyway, thanks very much for the advice - I've found it very helpful.

OK Thanks . . . Yeah, had read that the mini ipad didn't have an SD card slot which makes the most expensive one the most desirable but before you know where you are, one ends up spending over a thousand on the drone, another couple hundred on accessories, then I've just returned from one holiday to book another to Norway and before I know where I am I'm pouring money out beyond what I planned. I like spending money - but I also like to maintain a very, very healthy bank balance. Money for a rainy day - or month I suppose.

Regards the drone - or in my case Mavic Pro Combo I bought mine at a decent price for the UK from one of our best retailers who automatically guarantee it for two years - expensive electrical products I tend to buy from them ( John Lewis) because they are very, very good. We had a TV and a kettle fail on us before the two year warranty ran out and they just replaced them both without question. I didn't expect them to sell the Mavic - I mean, they're an upmarket department store with a big online presence but when I saw they did sell it more or less matching the lowest price I could find, that was it - they were getting the order because they will; they'll guarantee it for two years. So, when it comes to the Tablet - I'm highly inclined to go with them. So far, I've bought everything cash, but the solution might be to buy the best or maybe the second best ipad largely on credit.

Anyway, thanks very much for the advice - I've found it very helpful.

ohh yes I know what ya mean there on the spending!!! lol as for the tablet sometimes its just best to buy the right item to start with then to "try" to save money and buy a cheaper tablet cause in the long run it can cost you more when you have to go a buy it later! :)

and no problem you are welcome :) have fun and safe flying :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras