DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini

The iPad mini 2 is aging. If pricing is good for both and you can swing it, I would opt for the better one, the iPad Mini 4. Better processor and resale should you decide to sell it sometime too. Get as much GB(128) as you can.

Reactions: rcheli9
The iPad mini 2 is aging. If pricing is good for both and you can swing it, I would opt for the better one, the iPad Mini 4. Better processor and resale should you decide to sell it sometime too. Get as much GB(128) as you can.

I just start flying my first drone. Why should I get as much storage as possible? You mean to store the images on the iPad

More storage is a good idea overall. I understand you want it for flying but I would look at the purchase from a couple different angles. As for reasons to why more storage is better, one big one is you can't upgrade the storage. You may find you can use the iPad for many things other than flying. If you want to use the editor you will use more space. The quad also captures a low res copy of your flight and a log you can view in the app. With that being said, if you find a smoking deal on a 64gb the lower cost may make it more attractive. You gotta work within your budget.

Reactions: Jeff Kesler
The iPad Mini 4 is faster, lighter, less likely to overheat in hot temperatures, and has an anti-reflective coating on the screen for better viewing outside. If it doesn't fit your budget though, the iPad Mini 2 is still able to run DJI GO well.

All of my iPad Minis are only 16GB. If you're only going to use it to fly and are not going to cache the video on the iPad Mini, then a 16GB will work for you too.

The cellular iPad Mini models have an internal GPS receiver. You can use the GPS without activating the cell service. If the iPad Mini is a Wi-Fi only model, you can attach an external GPS receiver to it.

I used the mini 2 today with no problem. Not sure how it had the map working, but it was there and I was in a field about 10 miles from my home.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I used the mini 2 today with no problem. Not sure how it had the map working, but it was there and I was in a field about 10 miles from my home.

If you adjust the go app settings you can view the maps where you want to fly while on wifi and it will save them. That way you can access them in the field.

GPS is only needed if you want to use the Follow Me feature or need to be able to manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Been flying my P3S with iPad mini 2 without any issues. Still waiting for my Mavic but plan to use the mini 2 on it.

I just bought an Ipad Mini 2 Cellular the other day as I got sick of continually having to take the cover off my phone, insert into Mavic RC and vice versa after flying. Now the Ipad Mini is a dedicated screen for the Mavic, fits into the holders nicely (the Ipad Mini 4 will not fit) and I don't have to keep recharging my phone. When I want to use maps in the field I will just tether wifi to my mobile phone.

I'm using an iPad Mini 4 (and so do a lot of others) - it easily fits in standard mounts. (You will have to use the USB port at the bottom of the controller though).

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply. I didn't want to go purchase a IPad Mini 4 later today only to find that it would not fit in my new Mavic Pro arriving this afternoon by UPS. :)

Ordered my Mavic only yesterday from Best Buy after using this website below to track availability. Took about a week to locate one for sale, but the text messaging worked like a charm and now I got me a brand new Mavic!

nowinstock.net

The iPad Mini 4 is faster, lighter, less likely to overheat in hot temperatures, and has an anti-reflective coating on the screen for better viewing outside.

Exactly the reasons i got me a dedicated ipad mini 4 gps, even put an extra anti glare shield on and it seems to work fine in dry run tests till now.

Reactions: RAFALE
Does anyone know if there is a significant difference or advantage of the iPad mini 4 over the iPad mini two to use primarily for the Mavic pro

Why r u not looking at the mini 3. I bought a 16 gig wifi for $278 Canadian. I only use it for flying. Fast and retina screen. Works great.

Reactions: Michaelangelo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown