DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad

LouArt51

Reactions
which iPad is best suited for MA2? I don't want to get more than what I need. Any recommendations for a specific model?

Latest generation Ipad Air (2020 model) would be the best of the 11in models.
It all depends on your budget and the size of screen you need.

Tried the iPad. Pain in the ( mod removed Langage)to set up. Heavy and awkward. Got a Smart Controller. Love it. Fast set up. Great screen brightness. Take it out of my case, control sticks are already screwed in, press the button twice to start it up and that's it. Huge cut in prep time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the iPad. Pain in the (Mod Removed Langage)to set up. Heavy and awkward. Got a Smart Controller. Love it. Fast set up. Great screen brightness. Take it out of my case, control sticks are already screwed in, press the button twice to start it up and that's it. Huge cut in prep time.

They should make the SC with an 8in screen that would be the most functional, for me the 5.5in screen is just too small.

Last edited:
Tried the iPad. Pain in the ( mod removed Langage)to set up. Heavy and awkward. Got a Smart Controller. Love it. Fast set up. Great screen brightness. Take it out of my case, control sticks are already screwed in, press the button twice to start it up and that's it. Huge cut in prep time.
Press and hold power button, your adding a step ;)

Reactions: Severian
thanks for the info
Thanks,
Is it necessary to have WiFi and or Cellular?
Ipad mini 5
Is the set up easy with the DJI app?

thanks for the info

Thanks,
Is it necessary to have WiFi and or Cellular?

Is the set up easy with the DJI app?

Wi-fi is enough and you just install the DJI Fly from the Apple Store.
You just connect the iPad to the MA2 remote controller with a standard cable.

Some of us who fly with iPads prefer that our tablets have there own internal GPS units. If you think that might be important to you, be sure and confirm that the iPad model you choose has that capability. In some models you’ll need a cellular capable iPad to also get the internal GPS.

If you’re not sure whether an internal GPS will be important to you, there are quite a few threads on the forum that discuss why some prefer having the capability.

Howard

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark