DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 6 disconnects during flight

ErikFoto

Reactions
I alternate between DJI GO 4 and Litchi on my iPhone 6. After normal start-up, take-off and a few minutes flight, the app reports "disconnected". All looks normal on the RC, which seems to maintain full control of the aircraft at all times. I pull out and then plug in the side connector to get connected again, then it works normal for a while. This seems to be a repeating pattern. Today it happened at distances from 2 meters to more than a kilometer away.
So far, I have not experienced the same problem with XPERIA Z3C which uses the bottom USB connector.
Is this a known iPhone problem or maybe a problem with the side connector?

No, it's probably your side connector either faulty or just bad connection into phone. Suggest you try the bottom USB much better connection there anyway.
I use IPhone 6 and IPad, prefer the connection with IPad.

Reactions: Vacation guy
I had a similar issue with fw .600. Returned back on .400 and problem gone. But it could be your cable as well. It's very sensitive.

Thanks for the tips. I run fw .550 at the moment. Could try roll-back to .400 and another cable. :)

Erik

After rolling back to fw .400 it looks better. Today's 15 minutes flight worked perfect with my Iphone 6 and Litchi :) :) but I will have to test more before declaring "all ok"

Hope DJI don't force me to upgrade before all problems are solved. I am tempted to use only Litchi now

I had this exact same issue right out of the box. Always had the problem when using the stock short cable, but never with a standard iPhone cable plugged into the bottom USB port.
BUT - I've recently been using my short cable again with no connection problems ever, only thing that's changed? I didn't put the little plastic square thing back into the remote where the cable sticks through.
So the short cable floats around freely.
I recon that must have something to do with the connection issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78