DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 6 Won’t connect to the remote

Pedro.FR2K

Reactions
Hello there dronie pilots, last Sunday on a wedding I tried to connect my iPhone 6 to the remote and it failed. Usually I know when it’s connected because the charging icon appears on the screen, but this time it kept connecting and disconnecting repeatedly, tried switching cables and also tried plugging a cable on the USB port under the remote, same results.
I think the problem is related to my phone because it is asking me to update the iOS for some time, but I don’t feel like updating since these phones get slower on each update they get (thank you Apple -.-). Is there any other way around this?

... this time it kept connecting and disconnecting repeatedly...
You may have a lint/crud/whatever buildup in your phone port which would account for the intermittent connection. A plastic dental pick works well to clean it out. I doubt if it is related to a "needed" iOS update.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Pedro.FR2K, post: 547309, member: 61457"... this time it kept connecting and disconnecting repeatedly...
You may have a lint/crud/whatever buildup in your phone port which would account for the intermittent connection. A plastic dental pick works well to clean it out. I doubt if it is related to a "needed" iOS update.[/QUOTE]

I do clean my phone port 2 times per month just because of it, recently checked and it’s clean.

Hello there dronie pilots, last Sunday on a wedding I tried to connect my iPhone 6 to the remote and it failed. Usually I know when it’s connected because the charging icon appears on the screen, but this time it kept connecting and disconnecting repeatedly, tried switching cables and also tried plugging a cable on the USB port under the remote, same results.
I think the problem is related to my phone because it is asking me to update the iOS for some time, but I don’t feel like updating since these phones get slower on each update they get (thank you Apple -.-). Is there any other way around this?
The most resent Go4 app will be for the Latest version of IOS. If you have an Iphone 6, there hasn't been a new IOS version in awhile, but there has been updates.
you can either do the IOS update and see if it helps, (I have an up to date Iphone 6 that works fine)
OR downgrade the DJI go4 app to a version that worked before.

My gut tells me you need to free up some resources on the phone. Free up memory and delete unused apps.
Then to a HARD reset on the phone. I would try this FIRST!

Let us know what happens.

The most resent Go4 app will be for the Latest version of IOS. If you have an Iphone 6, there hasn't been a new IOS version in awhile, but there has been updates.
you can either do the IOS update and see if it helps, (I have an up to date Iphone 6 that works fine)
OR downgrade the DJI go4 app to a version that worked before.

My gut tells me you need to free up some resources on the phone. Free up memory and delete unused apps.
Then to a HARD reset on the phone. I would try this FIRST!

Let us know what happens.

Well, after updating the iPhone it finally worked, but I noticed the Go4 app took much longer to start when I hit “start flight” button, the interface appears blank with n/a info, 15 seconds later everything loads up and it’s ready to go, other than that everything seems to be OK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy