DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone calibration

Draker1007

Reactions
why does my iPhone want to calibrate when I'm flying?
I'm in mid flight and my screen goes to the ball in a circle and I have to rotate my phone and Rc to get the ball to go around until it fills the outer ring! Any idea why???
Very annoying and scary, did it twice today while flying for 10min

That's your iPhone's compass interfering there. Go to your compass app and recalibrate if possible. Your phone's compass is losing calibration.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Ok, I just started the dji app and it asked me to do the same calibration 2x while watching tutorial video ( not hooked up to RC) WTF?

Guys

I get this too, most of the time when powering up and I also have seen it during flight 3 or 4 times in 116 flights.

Looked into my iPhone 6+ compass app, can't see anywhere to calibrate it but found that "Use True North" was turned off. Have turn it on and will see the effects. Thanks for posting this item as I have been wondering since day one.

Cheers
Etops

Check in your settings under Location Services/ system services and there is compass calibration. I turned mine off and it never asked me yesterday when I flew the mavic, funny thing though it did want me to calibrate it after I unhooked from the RC!!

why does my iPhone want to calibrate when I'm flying?
I'm in mid flight and my screen goes to the ball in a circle and I have to rotate my phone and Rc to get the ball to go around until it fills the outer ring! Any idea why???
Very annoying and scary, did it twice today while flying for 10min
The magnets in the stick actuators on the RC are probably confusing the iPhone compass.

Always make sure the N (north) on the radar compass points to your north. Sometimes it doesn't. Before taking off, move both sticks in all directions to make sure it doesn't affect the radar compass, sometimes it does. Once hovering, YAW the Mavic 360 to make sure it's direction agrees with that shown on the dji Go radar. The iPhone compass being off won't affect your flight, but correct orientation sure can help get you home if needed, especially in situations where you may loose gps and the home function wouldn't work. It's one of the best telemetry features once you get used to using it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes