DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone else experiencing issues with quick transfer files?

tinyburton

Reactions
Have connected to drone using the controller with app to fly and capture images, but now want to transfer files to my mobile.

Instructions say to turn off controller and download DJI fly app to mobile phone, load up app, turn on drone, and the phone app detects drone.

You then click to launch quick link on phone app, the phone connects to the drone and the drone battery green lights flash in the pattern shown in the app graphic. The instruction says to press power button on the drone for 2 seconds until the green lights go steady.

I followed these instructions only for the phone app to say timed out.

Has anyone else encountered this and do you know the solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-26-11-02-53-29_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-26-11-02-53-29_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2022-06-26-11-02-46-05_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-26-11-02-46-05_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Have connected to drone using the controller with app to fly and capture images, but now want to transfer files to my mobile.

Instructions say to turn off controller and download DJI fly app to mobile phone, load up app, turn on drone, and the phone app detects drone.

You then click to launch quick link on phone app, the phone connects to the drone and the drone battery green lights flash in the pattern shown in the app graphic. The instruction says to press power button on the drone for 2 seconds until the green lights go steady.

I followed these instructions only for the phone app to say timed out.

Has anyone else encountered this and do you know the solution?
No I do that and it connects and transfers straight away, cheers Len

I’m having the exact same issue with my iPhone 13 Pro. I’ll try again later…

Same issue with iPhone SE and zero help from DJI!

Also latest firmware update has broken my map on the RC controller it’s pure white and can not even find my location! That’s with it connected to home internet or mobile hotspot.

Thinking about returning this drone

I’ve found what others have seen. To perform quick transfer with iOS devices, you must disable cellular communication (or enter airplane mode) in order for the function to actually work. Once I’ve done that, then it all seems to work as described.

I've not flown it yet, just seems so flimsy. Can transfer images using iPhone 12 pro, but not OnePlus 9 pro 🤔 might do likewise, return.

I’ve found what others have seen. To perform quick transfer with iOS devices, you must disable cellular communication (or enter airplane mode) in order for the function to actually work. Once I’ve done that, then it all seems to work as described.
That didn't work for me what i have ended up doing is the following -

1) On your phone switch off WiFi and switch off your phone. Leave it a few seconds
2) Switch your phone back on and enable WiFi.
3) Move out of settings and open the DJI fly app
4) Switch on the Drone and after a short while a Switch message should ping up on the DJI app screen
5) Tap the switch banner on the right and it should connect to your drone. It sometimes fails the first time but if so try again.

I had to repeat that a couple of times for it to work but how has DJI not sorted what clearly is an issue? a simple software transfer made hard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2