DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is ever so slightly swollen battery no good?

Here's a topic where two of us took our batteries apart:
Thanks

I have three Mavic Air batteries. One completely flat bottomed and the other two with slight swelling. I stopped using the very slightly swollen batteries and then the perfectly flat one failed in flight. Low Voltage landing.. I aimed at a smooth spot and landed. Airdata said the battery had 90% charge moments before the warning and that the battery had 81% when it landed. I got to thinking that the warning and subsequent landing was a fluke and flew the battery three times in my back yard and on the forth flight..bingo it did it again. Airdata has never shown a problem with my slightly swollen battries and I am seriously considering flying them again after reading a couple of these posts. I have a bunch of Spark batteries and none have the slightest swelling.
I agree that there are probably a zillion cell phones in use with swollen batteries.

i have had my Mavic pro fly more kit for almost two years and have just noticed all three batteries are showing signs of swelling (one worse than the others i'm replacing all to avoid a disaster. What prompted me was the poor clipping into place. SHAME ABOUT THE PRICE.

Yeah hard to find anyone under AUD$149.
I did pick up a couple of extras just a few weeks ago, Teds Cameras.
Got them for $99.50 each :)
Might be worth emailing them as I think they were clearing them, they aren't listing the M1P or batteries on their website now (or when I purchased).

My 3 original flymores are 3 years old, no swelling at all, a 4th battery bought about 2 years ago is all good too.
Hope that remains the case, so 6 batteries for long trips and less fuss charging in the field.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu