DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Iphone 6s+ still enough ?

felas

Reactions
I have flown twice already my new MA with Iphone 6s+ and everytime videos always not smooth, sometimes frozen a bit while it was only around 50 m. I tested same iphone with mavic pro at same location and videos were very smooth.

Sp just wondering whether MA needs newer/ more powerful smartphones ?

I am currently using the iPhone 6sPlus and have no issue. Just sometimes have to deal with a whole lot of pop up messages that makes it hard to see the flight. Felt like I need a bigger screen.

Reactions: Vinegar92
I am currently using the iPhone 6sPlus and have no issue. Just sometimes have to deal with a whole lot of pop up messages that makes it hard to see the flight. Felt like I need a bigger screen.

I try and make it a habit to delete the apps that bother me when I am flying. I sometimes wonder if the apps popping up are the cause of some fliers crashes? When I am done flying I download the app again.

I am using an old OnePlus Two (my backup phone with no SIM in it) as my screen. It has no applications other than the DJI Go 4 app installed on it so there is no chance of being interrupted. Had no issues with it at all in terms of performance, WiFi drops, etc - even in comparison to my new phone (OnePlus Five) which is obviously superior in terms of performance.

Reactions: Abyssscuba
Thanks all, so I guess no problem with Iphone 6s+. I didn't put the phone on airplane mode to get map data but I did turn off wifi.

Thanks all, so I guess no problem with Iphone 6s+. I didn't put the phone on airplane mode to get map data but I did turn off wifi.
I have an iphone 6 plus 128gb i use as a dedicated device for flying..all apps deleted, and other apps I cannot delete are turned off. Works very well.

Now that I've got coffee in me I remembered I still have my box next to me - the box does literally say on one of its ends "Designed for iPhone" with a list of devices starting from the iPhone 5S up - including the iPhone 6S+. Chances are it's interference - when you're having these problems if you go into settings it should tell you the signal strength for the channel you're on: (image blatantly stolen from Lastrexking here)

maxresdefault.jpg

Having a lot of interference will degrade both the live video quality and the RC connection so it's always better to fly with lower interference.

Now that I've got coffee in me I remembered I still have my box next to me - the box does literally say on one of its ends "Designed for iPhone" with a list of devices starting from the iPhone 5S up - including the iPhone 6S+. Chances are it's interference - when you're having these problems if you go into settings it should tell you the signal strength for the channel you're on: (image blatantly stolen from Lastrexking here)

maxresdefault.jpg

Having a lot of interference will degrade both the live video quality and the RC connection so it's always better to fly with lower interference.

1. My location only got CE :-(
2. I fly on the same location before with Mavic Pro and even Spark and never got so much interferences like the MA. The video is really bad and sometimes lost RC connection too. So was wondering if MA need more power due to it's 100MBps transmission.

I am using an old OnePlus Two (my backup phone with no SIM in it) as my screen. It has no applications other than the DJI Go 4 app installed on it so there is no chance of being interrupted. Had no issues with it at all in terms of performance, WiFi drops, etc - even in comparison to my new phone (OnePlus Five) which is obviously superior in terms of performance.
So it’s possibel to use and iPhone 6s Plus with no service as controller? I’ve heard an iPad mini doesn’t fit the air remote. I would also like to have it in a life proof case as I’ll be out in the middle of nowhere tough environment.

The iPad mini fits perfectly in the controller without a case. The controller is the exact same size as the Mavic Pro controller so it fits the same maybe even a bit easier since they redesigned the rubber grip part.

Will an iPhone 6s Plus in a life proof case fit the remote or will any lifeproof case be to thick? And thank you for all your help! Any other suggestions for small tablets ect or large phones
You be the judge. The arms look like they will take 9mm thick item - maybe you can squeeze something a bit thicker in. The connector can be moved, so don't worry about it.
IMG_1498.JPG

Will an iPhone 6s Plus in a life proof case fit the remote or will any lifeproof case be to thick? And thank you for all your help! Any other suggestions for small tablets ect or large phones

You can remove the screws for the rubber grips, remove the rubber, then you might be able to use your case too. Not sure how well it’ll stay in place though. I did remove them to try a slim cover for my Mini4, but it was too loose. So... no cover it is.

I fly the Air with a CLEAN iOS install. I have a dedicated iPhone 6+ that is not even on a cell network. I use it with WiFi only.

Anyway,...im supprised at how great it works with the Air. Super smooth and responsive video display. Mine performs 100% perfect all the way.

Try a clean install or at least shut off as many apps as you can....and go into airplane mode.

You can remove the screws for the rubber grips, remove the rubber, then you might be able to use your case too.
Have you tried that? They don't appear to slide out like the rubber grips in the Mavic Pro remote controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure