DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it normal to have poor quality with Quick Shots?

GoBigGuy

Reactions
So I never really have used quick shots before and I tried a few of them today and the video quality looks poor to me, is this normal?

turn on your histogram and keep the graph centered as much as possible by manually adjusting the exposure.

Reactions: Gindra
Many of the quickshot modes reduce the output to 1080p, even if your video mode is set to 4K. The quickshot mode also sets the exposure based upon the initial start. If you are orbiting, that will result in overexposure or underexposure from different directions when the sun or refections of the sun are in the scene, producing glare.

Last edited:
On my M2P Asteroid mode drops to 1080p and everything else is in the selected resolution that I've got set for regular recording.

So just looked at the file straight from the card and looks great so it's something I did Premiere Pro that screwed it up.

Just tried to run it through Premiere Pro without any edits and exported it again and had the same results but have no clue what I am doing wrong with my export. :mad:

Last edited:
On my M2P Asteroid mode drops to 1080p and everything else is in the selected resolution that I've got set for regular recording.
Another example of a 1080p output from a 4K video recording in a quickshot mode is the Dolly Zoom on the Mavic 2 Zoom. It ouputs in 1080p to increase the background zoom effect from 2x to 4x by also cropping the 2x optical zoom of the 4K frame to the 1080p center of the frame.

So just looked at the file straight from the card and looks great so it's something I did Premiere Pro that screwed it up.

Just tried to run it through Premiere Pro without any edits and exported it again and had the same results but have no clue what I am doing wrong with my export. :mad:

I assume this has been solved, but I was just about to suggest you look at your editing software settings. I’ve gotten nothing but stunning results no matter what mode I’m in. In fact it bugs me that YouTube doesn’t show the vids in full resolution. Because I watch the footage on 4K and Retina screens, the footage on YouTube immediately looks bad to me.

Send your settings if you like. I’ve got limited experience editing Mavic footage in Premiere, but all of it comes out like I want. I’ve used Premiere for a couple years now and the settings, particularly for 4K exporting can be tricky.

Good luck, and some great shots by the way.[emoji41]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras